Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Roebel B6 bullpup
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:14 pm 

This is a Roebel B6 carbine I bought a while ago.It's kind of a copy of the Xisico B9, but it's a single shot and there's no safety :shock: . The hole for a cross-bolt is present, but there's rubber plugs in it. Does anybody ever dismantled a B9 and/or has a parts diagram for it? I have no clues on how the safety is built on those carbines and I want to build one; also, there's no safety mechanism when you cock it and I don't want to loose a finger! Any input will be appreciated.

Attachments:
IMG_4282.JPG
IMG_4282.JPG [ 144.06 KiB | Viewed 1680 times ]
IMG_4280.JPG
IMG_4280.JPG [ 164.66 KiB | Viewed 1680 times ]

Post subject: Re: Roebel B6 bullpup
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:57 am 

Generally speaking with a side-lever such as this you want to keep the lever behind an arm with the hand of that arm braced firmly on the side of the rifle or the grip before sticking your thumb and finger into the loading bay. That way you'll at least be able to slow the lever down a bit should it slip while loading, and probably save yourself a lost joint or two. Your arm/elbow may be bruised by the lever's attempt to smash forward but that's a small price for a mechanical failure compared to a lost finger tip.

With my QB57 I've twice had the lever jump forward. Once I was holding just the lever end, having just cocked it and begun to let go... when it slipped off the 'safety' catch (which wasn't quite fully engaged, but almost, resulting in torn-off steel at its end) and my holding of the lever end resulted in the barrel whipping me in the side of the head. It hurt a lot. The other time I was holding the gun by the stock after cocking it, hadn't yet tried to load a pellet, was just adjusting my grip before bracing the lever and loading as I had become distracted. The lever slammed forward with a very loud bang. Frightening, imagining what might have happened had my finger or thumb been caught.

My solution? I removed the 'safety' catch which is far from safe. I brace the lever firmly with my right elbow, just above the joint so it's up into my upper arm a little and firmly held, I brace the wire stock (I've rebuilt this thing in a couple of different configurations and have now settled on a 1/4" steel two-rod sliding stock) against my hip, and hold the cylinder with my right hand. Only when I'm certain the sear has engaged and the gun is held securely do I begin to load a pellet. So braced, it can only push my elbow perhaps an inch forward before the triangulation of my body and arm prevents it going further, probably not even that. The sear has never slipped, but one must be careful. I prefer to be in control of the lever and loading bay sliding cover rather than to trust a small steel part to hold all that force back, possibly slipping due to wear and costing me body parts.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:10 am 

GerardSamija, thanks a lot for sharing your brilliant ''technique''. I'll be using it. I used to load the pellet with needle nose pliers, which is not the best way, sometimes the pellet gets out of shape, which is not good. I removed the stock and I saw two holes on the trigger pivot, one in front of the other. I may be able to use it to at least build a trigger safety. I'll have to figure it out entirely but it's fun ahead, I have some skills at designing and fabricating parts. The ''pins'' you see in the pictures are finishing nails I put in place of the original( and softer) cotter pins used on all pivoting points. I'll replace them with harder pins made with old drill bits when I'll do the safety. I like this carbine, it's my first bullpup but probably not the last. It's real fun to shoot, but I want to remove the ''fear'' factor out of it!

Greetings

Attachments:
IMG_4288.JPG
IMG_4288.JPG [ 143.58 KiB | Viewed 1623 times ]
IMG_4287.JPG
IMG_4287.JPG [ 121.81 KiB | Viewed 1623 times ]
IMG_4286.JPG
IMG_4286.JPG [ 135.21 KiB | Viewed 1623 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:52 pm 

Quote:
airmec wrote
This is a Roebel B6 carbine I bought a while ago.It's kind of a copy of the Xisico B9, but it's a single shot and there's no safety :shock: . The hole for a cross-bolt is present, but there's rubber plugs in it. Does anybody ever dismantled a B9 and/or has a parts diagram for it? I have no clues on how the safety is built on those carbines and I want to build one; also, there's no safety mechanism when you cock it and I don't want to loose a finger! Any input will be appreciated.

For about 10 years I’ve had the Xsico B9-1 .177cal (see pic). That particular air rifle was sold at that time with two 10 shot magazines. The real Chinese designation of the rifle is JH819. It has been sold over the world under a variety of names like the Xsico B9-1, Griffin and Roebel, and perhaps something else which I’m not aware of.
The magazine eliminates all those equilibristics described by Gerard. You just load the pellets into the mag and subsequently drop the mag into the magazine well inside of the grip. Close the breech with the side lever and you’re ready to shoot. Your fingers don’t make any contact with the breech area. That was the ingenious idea to equip the rifle with the magazine and make it a repeater. You can shoot it by loading a single pellet into the breech but then you must, indeed, block the side lever with your arm. The B9-1 is rather small and for me personally it’s not so easy to put my meaty right arm in this way.
I’m very surprised that your Roebel rifle is a single shot rifle. Is there still a magazine well inside the grip? Perhaps, the Chinese manufacturer dropped the magazines to make some savings? It’s weird. The B9-1 (B6) without a magazine is not so attractive.

I have another side lever Chinese rifle, the BAM B3-1 .22cal (see pic) which unfortunately, doesn’t have a magazine and must be loaded with a single pellet. But it is bigger than the B9-1 and it’s easier for me to keep the side lever blocked with my right arm.

Attachments:
Xsico B9-1(a).jpg
Xsico B9-1(a).jpg [ 108.55 KiB | Viewed 1606 times ]
BAM B3-1 rifle(a).jpg
BAM B3-1 rifle(a).jpg [ 41.07 KiB | Viewed 1606 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 2:07 pm 

I also have the Roebel and although it does have the magazine well in the pistol grip, it doesn't have a mag or the mechanics to advance one. Mine chronied at 630 fps when I first got it, but now it shoots at 540 avg. It was the first gun I owned that liked daisy pellets, although still not a tack driver by any means.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:52 pm 

Rav, there's no opening under the grip for a magazine and no feeding mechanism as well. The grip is simply empty, like it was never designed to hold a magazine. How I wish it was! I had no trouble with the ''Gerard's technique'' even if I'm a 6-footer (I'm of the slim kind!). Also, I saw that Tech Force sells that carbine under the model 66 designation, rated at 750fps(!) in .177 cal. Mine's rated at 450 fps, and since I have no PAL, that's OK for me. The pellets of choice for my gun are the Crosman pointed 7.4 gr., and the Wadcutters come close second.

Joe, I can tell you it's NOT a high performance gun! (reminds me of my first break barrel I bought in 1986). At 10 yards, the pointed pellets will go through a tin can, but the Wadcutters won't. However it's a good target shooter, IF you stay under the 20 yards limit. I built a new scope mount because I found the stock one was too far ahead, and now my scope is about 3 inches closer, which is way more comfy!

I re-blued it, there were some scratches on the cylinder and barrel (that was a demo), it did a nice job, which tells me the steel is of a decent quality. Also, over here I never heard of someone owning one, so it's quite a ''rare'' item :D .

Thanks for your replies, dear sirs, it's been quite informative!

Greetings

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:24 pm 

I really like my Roebel B6C-177!

I got one and had to return it because it had low power, and the replacement didn't have a seal in the breach.
I liked the rifle too much to return it again so I bought some faucet washers and a half inch faucet washer fit snuggly and now the B6C shoots harder than most of my .177 cal airguns.
It has been a few months and that rifle still shoots hard.
Iam thinking about drilling the hole in the faucet washer a bit larger, to better fit the barrel when the breach is closed, but for now it works excellent with a stock half inch faucet washer. I have only used the flat washers but I bet the other style would work as well.

I would like to mount a scope on the handle but haven't found an AR-style mount to purchase.

From the start I wished my B6C was a .22 cal. air rifle and my search for a B6C-22 failed so I ended up buying a QB57-deluxe last month and that QB57 is one awesome bullpup air rifle!

I found out that the B6C is made by "Weifang Huadong" :) much cooler name than 'industry brand'! Lol...

I posted about my B6C back in August and another B6C owner shared a photo tutorial of a b6c disassembly.

Anyhow, enjoy your B6C!

Sheridan Blue Streak
Diana Chaser .22cal
DPMS Classic A4
Crosman 1322 medalist
Hawthorne Montgomery Ward m-150
Kel-Tec PMR-30
I.B.QB-57
Crosman TrapMaster 1100
Baikal mp-651K
EKOL ES-66
Anics A-3000
Crosman 38T

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:43 pm 

One other tip for roebel owners, also qb 57,s is to cock it or hold the cocking handle back a bit, when putting the barrel on. The spring prevents the pieces from tightening completely if you dont.