Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:30 pm 

Mick3901 wrote:
Huck wrote:
I couldn't wait for the screw kit to come,so I went ahead and installed the steel breech kit and new fibre optic front sight,plus the LPA rear sight:Image
Feels more like my Ruger MKII .22 with 6" bull barrel.
Total weight with a new can is 2.0lb 4.3oz.
Nice sight picture.
Front plastic sight looks like from a toy gun.....but It will have to do for now! All I have to do now is test it out with some gas! Huck

Ya. I agree. The sight picture looks like my Hatsan and other Ruger Mk I and Mk II replicas I have. I own one in BB and 2 in 6 mm airsoft and the sights are spot on. It's going to feel very familiar when I get mine on. Both sights have been shipped and should arrive Monday. I can't wait. Oh...how do I get that original front sight off? Suggestions? I don't want to mess something up. It seems really on there.

Just get a piece of wood,something with a square edge that won't splinter and tap on the bottom of the sight,where it slopes down,where it touches the barrel and hit with a hammer...two or three wacks and it will fall off. Huck

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:18 am 

Yes. Paint it flat black. The Krylon camo paints look great, but they are not as permanent as other manufacturers. Any good flat black spray paint should work. I do it will all my airsoft guns that have ugly plastic. Now they look like the rest of the metal parts. It's fast and beyond cheap as a permanent fix. It will seal the deal. That and great wood grips. Ditto on going that route. I basically am building what you have with one of my 2240's. Just with a 10 inch .22 barrel. I want a second 2240 in .177 with the Lothar Walther barrel and target sights etc. A competition pistol. My other 2 2240 builds will be carbines. All 4 will be sticking to the 495 FPS or under. I don't require more for plinking, target shooting and rat control. Anything over 400 FPS takes out rats fine.

Thanks again Huck. You have great taste. :)

Benjamin-Armada .25
Marauder .177
Trail NP .22
Classic .22
Legends Jim Shockey .22
Phantom 1000 .22 & .177
Nitro Venom Dusk .22
TR77 .177
Optimus .177
Vanguard .177

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:23 am 

Mick3901 wrote:
Yes. Paint it flat black. The Krylon camo paints look great, but they are not as permanent as other manufacturers. Any good flat black spray paint should work. I do it will all my airsoft guns that have ugly plastic. Now they look like the rest of the metal parts. It's fast and beyond cheap as a permanent fix. It will seal the deal. That and great wood grips. Ditto on going that route. I basically am building what you have with one of my 2240's. Just with a 10 inch .22 barrel. I want a second 2240 in .177 with the Lothar Walther barrel and target sights etc. A competition pistol. My other 2 2240 builds will be carbines. All 4 will be sticking to the 495 FPS or under. I don't require more for plinking, target shooting and rat control. Anything over 400 FPS takes out rats fine.

Thanks again Huck. You have great taste. :)

Thanks....I thought all these "ad-ons" were too easy....now the gun shoots 2" low at 10 feet and LPM rear sight is all the way down...now what....front fibre optic needs to go up??Huck

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:09 pm 

Should I be raising or lowering the rear sight to raise the group which is shooting low about 2 inches?
*EDIT* Nevermind,I was going the wrong way!! Move rear sight UP to move group up.
Trigger still has some creep towards let-off,even after shimming and polishing,lighter (compressed) sear spring....may have to go with a whole new trigger set-up later on.Huck

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:03 pm 

Can someone recommend a good trigger set-up for the 2240?....I am looking at these from Scopes & Ammo
http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/pro ... ring-p-426

http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/pro ... lade-p-940
http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/pro ... sear-p-324
Does anyone have first hand experience with this set-up above?
Thanks,Huck