Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:08 pm 

What does anyone know about this piece of Chinese Junk?
I Want One! Where Can I Get One in Canada, they have been out over six months I believe?
All I know is it looks like a 2240 on steroids, pretty nice looking especially with some checkering work on the wood Grips.
Available in .177 and .22 if not more, maybe barrels available, Co2 and maybe PCP in future?
Apparently it does come in under 500fps, stock, So hopefully we will see them in Canada.
Mostly aluminum breech etc.. Multi-shot version available
Made by Shaoxing, Snow Peak Airgun Factory.
Check it out if you haven't already, and lets Turn the Pressure On our favourite Dealers
to get a hold of these, relatively cheap target pistols!

Last edited by ejackyou on Wed May 27, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:27 pm 

Show us a link Jack?

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:49 pm 

They've been discussing them since last September here:
http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php ... phy-Pistol
Up to 16 pages now. Many experiences seem positive. A nicely made, reasonably priced target pistol. The specs would indicate RPAL for Canadian use, so unless the manufacturer detunes some for us and someone imports them they'll be very difficult to get. Here's a seller's link in the UK:
http://www.the-shooting-party.co.uk/pro ... -72-detail
And this is the manufacturer's site:
http://www.china-airrifle.com/products_ ... de535.html

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:56 pm 

Read quite a few posts that said out of the box it shoots anywhere from 425-460fps tested on an ongoing basis,
and that the manufacturer is abiding by the 500fps regulations.
Have you heard different, or just excited generalizations?

RC! Where are You

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:32 pm 

Seems you're the expert on this pistol. Perhaps you'd prefer to just talk to yourself about it... though I was not 'excitedly generalizing' about anything. Honestly, unless you are deliberately trolling, which I am not suggesting, I don't see why you need to be quite so reactionary. In the 'what's Canada Post bringing?' thread your reaction to someone's obvious intention of being helpful you protest that somehow it's unsupportive and negative, which is plainly not the case there. Take a breath. We're here to discuss airgun stuff. This is not an Apple forum where everyone has to bow down and say how unworthy they are of such superior technology...

The manufacturer suggests that they can adapt it for export anywhere in the range from 3 to 8 Joules. I've seen a number of reports by owners in the UK saying velocity ranges from about 520fps to 550fps in .177", using a 7gr lead pellet, which would put them well over the line in Canada. The .22" version seems to show up in the UK at about 5fpe, again well over our air pistol limit. Seems they're getting most of theirs from Poland, so they're set up a bit more powerfully in that market but not quite at the maximum possible from the Chinese factory. Here's a Youtube review from the UK where the fellow says it's putting out 5.5fpe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY8zthU4umg
Again, WAY over the Canadian 500fps/5.7j limit. There's another video ('this is a cool bit of kit' style 'review') where the box again indicates 5.5fpe. And here's yet another, this for the .177" UK version, again sold as having 5.5fpe power level. That's about 595fps with a 7gr pellet. WAY over our limit, again.
https://youtu.be/iXgvvZuokQY

But if anyone is bringing one into Canada then it's almost certainly de-tuned for this market. Please, ejackyou, do pass it along if you do manage to find one for sale here. I haven't been able to find one. I don't like the grip at all and wouldn't be using it with CO2, but it looks like a fun platform for experimenting with a PCP conversion.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:41 pm 

[quote="GerardSamija"](Seems you're the expert on this pistol) Seem to know as much as You
(though I was not 'excitedly generalizing' about anything) You comprehension of the English language seems limited at times, to Me, I was referring to the threads You were reading not You, who's being reactionary?
In the 'what's Canada Post bringing?' thread your reaction to someone's obvious intention of being helpful you protest that somehow it's unsupportive and negative, which is plainly not the case there) Up until recently I was of the impression that people here Only supported others purchases, the constructive criticism coming before the fact, not to mention that I was just trying to give a Dig to a buddy of mine (RC)
(bow down and say how unworthy they are of such superior technology) What the heck are You talking about? don't answer!
(The manufacturer suggests that they can adapt it for export anywhere in the range from 3 to 8 Joules) Yes, I'm glad You can read Your own Links
it mentions "Specialized from 3-8 Joules, doesn't that go without saying by most all manufacturers exporting to Canada?
(But if anyone is bringing one into Canada then it's almost certainly de-tuned for this market) there's some insight, Your comparing our Legal
Canadian airgun market to a bunch "Excited" Englishmen who are illegally smuggling in weapons from Poland or Zambia or wherever, who have no restrictions?
(Please, ejackyou, do pass it along if you do manage to find one for sale here. I haven't been able to find one). then after all of Your usual condescending statements Your asking a possible favour!
(I don't like the grip at all) we know how fussy You Carpenters are!
By the way feel free to keep your verbose diatribe to yourself and refrain further from critiquing my posts

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:47 pm 

It would make your comments decidedly easier to read if you somehow managed to follow forum convention in using quoted text. Jumbling everything together complete with " left un-closed makes it quite a bit of work to distinguish just who is saying what. Makes it doubly bemusing to see you chastise me for my English usage when you're setting such a poor example... Random insertion of capital letters further obfuscates any intended meaning.

Your 'impression' that a forum's purpose was to 'support' others purchases seems rather far-fetched. Surely you aren't serious? Discussion boards exist in their millions, with the primary purpose of most technical forums being the sharing of information, such that others may learn the good, bad, and ugly regarding various manufactured goods. Of course there are myriad other sorts of forums, but with technical forums this is one of the fundamental functions. Is this your first forum? Or is your other forum experience primarily from manufacturer's sponsored forums where the intent is by and large the promotion of their products? 'Constructive criticism' is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Such criticism does not always mean boosting, mindless support of a product purchase. It often entails cautionary notes, whether based on direct experience or upon research. Such advice may or may not be valuable or even valid, but the point is that this sort of exchange of information is fundamental to the functioning of a technical discussion forum, where promotion of purchasing is not.

ejackyou wrote:
Gerard wrote:
(Please, ejackyou, do pass it along if you do manage to find one for sale here. I haven't been able to find one).
then after all of Your usual condescending statements Your asking a possible favour!

I have asked for no favour. I have asked that you consider following through on your thread's stated intention; namely to find a source for this pistol. Do you not have this intention? It seemed that you were interested enough in purchasing one that you would eventually find a source in Canada, whether through this thread or otherwise. Posting a link to such a supplier should you find one elsewhere would seem to be basic good manners. But you're proving abundantly that you have little understanding of that sort of thing.

ejackyou wrote:
Gerard wrote:
(I don't like the grip at all)
we know how fussy You Carpenters are!

I am not a carpenter. I am a violinmaker. And a pistol shooter with considerable experience and skill, with medals to show for it. And in my educated shooter's (not collector's) opinion that grip is a travesty, a make-shift grip which barely deserves the name. The Alecto pistols you just purchased have vastly superior anatomical grips, though only for a limited range of hand shapes and sizes. At least this wooden grip can be carved, but the style generally is not to my liking so that grip would come off immediately and I would make something which suits me better.

As for keeping my 'verbose diatribe' to myself, no, I do not take orders from jumped-up little twerps in forums, thanks. You go right ahead and keep posting your daily reminders that you're on a buying spree, I'm sure you have a few fans for those wastes of forum bandwidth. I'd suggest you consider posting some useful information regarding all these purchases... but then you "only collect" by your own admission so that wouldn't be possible, would it? Especially considering that anything 'negative' is a bad thing by your estimation.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:41 pm 

This will be My last post Dedicated to You
There seems to be one of You Lurking in every Forum I've seen.
I Can take the Good the Bad and the Ger-Ugly, but when people are wrong, I too can Call a Spade a Spade.
Please don't Make Any Appeals to Me in the future, I will no longer respond to You game of Superiority
and Condescension, then a reversal, to placation, when You put Your Foot in Your Mouth.
By the way, I don't see 'Administrator' under Your Avatar, self appointed as Usual?
Speaking of Avatars, Yours suits Your Personality here, perfectly, looking down Your nose and all, but where's the Medals on Your Chest?
I will find a source, (US =mrodair) if they become legal and available in or to Canada, and I will buy one,
It's On My "Buying Spree" List! My "Fans'" too!
As to My "Buying Spree", it is quickly coming to an end, as I have managed in a relatively short time, to acquire the air pistols
that are on, I am Told, the discontinued, or no longer available list, such as the IZH46, the other Baikals, the Alectos the Tempest,
Walther CP88Comp nickel, Colt US Marshal, Colt 1911 WWIIComm., Colt US Gov't A1 nickel, Xisico XSP180
"Get While the Gettin's Good" they say. I also might add, I've run into some exceptional deals that I just had to act upon
Not being on the defensive, mind You, just Stating Fact.
Anyway, In Closing, Good to Hear You Admit, that You refuse to Keep Your "Verbose Diatribe" to yourself!
I will Cease to make Any further response to your Witty Contributions, whichever way your playing Your Game.
And As Usual, you Must have the Last say.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:49 am 

http://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/topic65216.html

This has been discussed earlier . Any one with a source for these please chime in !

Attachments:
extreme.jpg
extreme.jpg [ 49.84 KiB | Viewed 3214 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:06 am 

Thanks pelsby, now we're back on track

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:27 am 
Supporting Member 2009

http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/ind ... -peak-m-71

Only one of each pistol- as they do not have Safeties- we will not be ordering more until they make them so equipped.

Please note: I do not conduct business through Private Messages (PM's) in online forums. Please do not send a 'PM" with a business-related question.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:15 am 

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/me ... DY+TO+SHIP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:19 am 
Supporting Member 2009

All units are now sold. Until such time as Snow Peak install safeties on these pistols, there won't be any more.

Please note: I do not conduct business through Private Messages (PM's) in online forums. Please do not send a 'PM" with a business-related question.