Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:39 pm 

Hi, i came across this forum while deciding which air gun to get next. Looks like a nice online community with a lot of info :D

My names Kevin, I live in Halton.
I got my first 2 bb guns 20 years ago, a daisy model 105 and a slavia 630(maybe). from my grandad the slavia and the daisy from my dad. It was a 10year olds dream.

I have since gotten a few others, 781, cpsport, pro 77, and a tanfoglio 1911. . . Trying to decide what to get next, the dan wesson 2.5 pellet, peacemaker, mini uzi, p92, or the sig p226.

My friend just got a 9mm sig p226 for around $1200 and never gets a chance to use it, i love rubbing in the fact i can get a copy of his gun that shoots bbs for under $200 and can use it daily indoors or out. Hence my options being licensed copies of actual firearms.

Im also looking into ammo. i ran out of pellets (beeman hallow point, and crosman destroyers. I liked these) im almost out of my swiss arms bbs which were a huge improvement over the copperheads, but i cant seem to find replacements anywhere, hoping to find some similar. (Umarex looks close)

I will try to post reviews of my guns and the ammo i use when i get the chance. in the mean time i will browse the forum for info, pics, opinions. Cant wait to chat with fellow air gunners.

Walther CPSport
Crosman Pro 77
Tanfoglio 1911
Colt .357 Python
Sig Sauer P226 x-five

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:55 pm 

Welcome to the forum!
Looks like your well on your way.
Just ask away for any advice, it's free, and may be worth more than the cost!
I have the Witness, DW 6" pellet, 3 SAA Peacemakers, Uzi All metal full auto, and the Sig Sauer p226
But, I really prefer pellet pistols.
Pays to shop around, prices sometimes vary greatly.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:52 pm 

Welcome to the forum and nice shopping list!

Let us know what and when you get new toys.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:37 pm 

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I will defiantely be picking your brains for advice on future purchases... While browsing this site i came across a colt python in the for sale section for a reasonable price, i made arrangements to pick it up tomorrow. What do you think of the colt python?

Walther CPSport
Crosman Pro 77
Tanfoglio 1911
Colt .357 Python
Sig Sauer P226 x-five

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:49 pm 

I think its your now!!!

But seriously.....

Use the search function in the top right and check out the past threads where it has been discussed and review. several of our members are very thorough in their reviews and how they publish the info to our community either as a post here or a link to their own review sites. Very useful tool once I finally started using it myself.

And post your own review tomorrow! with pictures.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:01 pm 

Welcome to the forum. May I suggest you buy a Crosman 2240. LOL Once you mod it with a few easy to do mods with the easy to find parts...you'll have the best pellet gun you ever owned. I quit buying pellet and BB pistols once I got heavily into modding 22XX and 13XX Crosman guns. Make one good modded up 2240 and you won't want to shoot any other pistol. I own over 50 BB, pellet and very high end 6mm Airsoft pistols myself. Welcome to the madness.

Mick

Benjamin-Armada .25
Marauder .177
Trail NP .22
Classic .22
Legends Jim Shockey .22
Phantom 1000 .22 & .177
Nitro Venom Dusk .22
TR77 .177
Optimus .177
Vanguard .177

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:27 pm 

Thanks for the suggestion, i do like the crosman 1322 and theyre a good price. Other than the stock what can be modded?

I picked up the colt python 357 today, quality piece. I may write reviews on all my guns when i have some time.

Walther CPSport
Crosman Pro 77
Tanfoglio 1911
Colt .357 Python
Sig Sauer P226 x-five

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm 

I just saw the 2289, and the mod thread. . . Looks really fun, i think ill pick it up next time i have some extra cash.

Whats the difference between the 2289 and the 1322?

Walther CPSport
Crosman Pro 77
Tanfoglio 1911
Colt .357 Python
Sig Sauer P226 x-five