Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:15 pm 

Well hey folks!
That sure was interesting.. having to be accepted by the admin and that! (thanks by the way!) ..oh.. I feel special now! Unfortunately, I've
now forgotten the question that caused me to register in the first place. .. mustn't have been very important.. haha So, for now I'll just introduce myself and try to give you an idea of what I'm all about and such.

I've been lurking around this forum for a while now. usually ended up here after a google search, related to canadian air gun law questions or technical stuff related to air gun science. Living here in the GTA - It's hard to find shops or people that are "into" air guns - let alone folks who are passionate about the sport in general. So, like many others i've resorted to the internet to help with this. Kinda seems counter intuitive huh? … go inside and log in- to help with doing things in the great outdoors! But hey.. winter is a thing here.. gotta have a hobby right?

My interest in air guns, like many others, stems from my youth. I basically grew up in cottage country - spending the summers with my buddies walking around in the bushes. We always had something with us to pass the time. may it have been a daisy red ryder or a slingshot or what have you. I recall those days fondly every time I pick up my old daisy! I was also one of those kids who you would find sitting in the corner of a room with peaces of machinery scattered about, as I would take stuff apart to see how it worked. Boy I bet my parents love that!

One of the first things that I ever tried to disassemble was my daisy red ryder! I can still remember how proud I was when I was able to tear it down and re assemble it. AND IT STILL WORKED! I guess that was my introduction to maintenance and the idea that things that where manufactured in a factory could be disassembled.

little did I know that those simple actions would lead to a lifelong quest to understanding machinery and …my tool lust…haha Wellp, now I'm older.. and live in the canadian suburbs. Not many people will let you walk around the bushes with your daisy around here but hey.. at least in can still tinker right?

Anyways- hope you got some idea of where I'm coming from and I look forward to spamming you guys for information!

keep your stick on the ice!

-dave

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:26 pm 

Welcome! don't be shy.