Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:33 pm 

Oh this is the worst trigger mechanism I've ever seen. I need help/advise on how to get it back together it would be very much appreciated ! I found the pfd file showing the mechanism but isn't much help, Thanks Travis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:51 pm 

I bought a Turkish made Winchester 1000X maybe 10 years ago. It was powerful and accurate but had the worst trigger of any gun I have ever owned. I would guess the pull weight was around 20 pounds maybe more.

I took the action out of the stock with the intention of seeing what I could do. I took one look at that Rube Goldberg device and put it back together. Fortunately the pull has gotten better over the years, in fact quite a bit better.

All I can say is "abandon all hope". You will never get it back together.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:45 pm 

No I got it back together !!! U have to get a 3/16 drill bit and cut off a 3/8 length and put it in where the largest pin is, the one that connects the mechanism to the rest of the gun. Assemble the whole trigger mechanism and grease it the put into place then take the pin that is supposed to be in there and push it in , at the same time the piece you made will pop out and your good to go... Thanks for the vote of confidence , all good.. Cheers Travis, PS if you have yours still kicking around and you wanna fix it then I can direct you to a site where I found this info. !!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:05 pm 

Thanks but just thinking about it gives me a headache. The trigger is acceptable after ten years of shooting. Mine oddly has both Daisy and Winchester written on the receiver.

I have another springer rated at the same power. It is a Crosman Quest 1000. It has been a very good gun in every way. I consider it powerful but have always noticed the Winchester seems to hit a bit harder.

My Winchester has a walnut stock which is getting fairly rare. It is not anything extra but still is walnut.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:37 pm 

Once u see the picture on putting it together it's really not to hard, just very poorly designed !

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:38 pm 

Mine also says Daisy/Winchester

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:47 am 

Mine is actually the 500x and so in Canada has a max fps of 495 but just putting a spacer to compress the spring more basically made it 1000 fps.. Did a complete tear down an rebuild which isn't for the the faint of heart but if you can change your oil in your car then this is not out not your grasp !!!! :) have faith in urself

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:40 pm 

They are lovely triggers! :shock: IIRC, I modded mine to be a 2 stage that worked properly and it was very nice. I believe I found the tune info on the NZ forum..The 500XS (Hats 35s clone) was rather harsh out of the box, though. I do remember using the cut off drill bit for dis/re assembly. It was the first springer I ever tuned, and I sold it in my great sell-off a few years ago. I mis you Winnie! :drinkers:

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:07 pm 

Yeah mine has the Turkish made trigger with an adjustment screw for pull weight but is pretty much useless . I can see why this other guy was intimidated by the mechanism but if you give up that east then why even open it to start with !!! These guns were made in I believe 3 different countries (Brazil, Turkey and China) and sold under many different brand names ! Mine may be for sale ;)