Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:21 am 

You can just imagine the "report" from tank artillery.
Likely that setup was used to satisfy the neighbors of the artillery range who just moved in and are now complaining of all the noise.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:16 am 

SureShot wrote:
I do have one air rifle that is noticeably louder when I shoot lightweight alloy pellets. I don't like to attract any undue attention so I don't shoot them.
Maybe I'll try the padded cardboard box idea.
It's a good enough idea for the army.

Your tax dollars hard at work boys lol

Personally I don't see why this law is a thing for airguns here in Canada. I hear poaching? Like I suppose you could shoot at a group of animals without them scattering right away.

kinda why we don't have autos and large mags right?

I could be wrong ..

Maybe it's just the usual -cheaper - across the board style law. To prevent an airgun supressor being used on a power Der burner?

I think it's more due to the poaching thing..less the 007 lol

No supressor on anythingin canada- across the board.

pardon my ignorance ... and my auto correct

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:10 am 

All it would take is one fellow willing to put a "plastic" silencer on an air rifle and challenge the law. I don't mean to a duel. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:49 am 

joe hickey wrote:
All it would take is one fellow willing to put a "plastic" silencer on an air rifle and challenge the law. I don't mean to a duel. :lol:

No duels, Joe. :) But you must remember that song written by Sonny Curtis in 1958, made famous by the Bobby Fuller Four in 1965, and remade by The Clash in 1979? What was it called? Oh, yes. It was "I Fought the Law and the Law Won" :lol: