Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:15 pm 

Was a real fun day inspire of the rain! No formal competition, just a fun 5 hours of plinking! First time since March I have had the chance to shoot with my friends!

Thanks for all the fun! Was a great day all!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:19 pm 

Rick brought his fancy new Panasonic camera and that was pretty cool to look through. Almost unbelievable optical zoom on the thing, with image stabilization sufficient to hold a sharp image at maximum zoom. As he said, no need for a spotting scope with a camera like that. Funny though, I brought my Sanyo camera too and yet neither of us actually got around to taking shooting pictures. I grabbed this one with my phone just as we were packing up. Haru was making a face and showing how pleased he was with his shooting, as he's sure some of the dents in the CO2 bulbs were from his Baikal. He did manage to start hitting things rather consistently towards the end of the day. Knocking plastic bottles and Monster drink cans around nicely. Also had an ND into the steel roof of the shed...... so a bit of learning to go in that regard. Man that's loud, even with only 3.4fpe from his little rifle.

Oh, and there's part of Rick in the background, and Biagio blasting away nearer to the bench. Haru's also sporting one of my 'Bex' type pellet pouches with magnetic closure. He especially loved the mouse targets, and Bren has graciously given us an unfinished steel mouse cut-out to work up into our own FT knock-down for practice along with an aluminum crow to try. His mouse knock-downs take a beating and were very popular for close to mid-range.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:33 pm 

Yes, that is my fat belly in green sticking out!!!

I was to busy having fun to shoot pictures!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Crosman 150 pistol .22

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:35 pm 

Here's a mouse target from Bren's workshop. Guy's making some really neat targets. This one uses a neodymium magnet in that front rod which is welded to the bass, the magnet pressed in (epoxy?) and sufficient to resist falling over. Pulling the string puts the paddle in contact with the magnet again. Even the weak guns could knock it down but it won't fall over on its own. It's about exactly the size of a small house mouse. Great at 10 metres or whatever it was.

Hey Rick, that's not a fat belly, that's life experience.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:09 pm 

GerardSamija wrote:
Here's a mouse target from Bren's workshop. Guy's making some really neat targets. This one uses a neodymium magnet in that front rod which is welded to the bass, the magnet pressed in (epoxy?) and sufficient to resist falling over. Pulling the string puts the paddle in contact with the magnet again. Even the weak guns could knock it down but it won't fall over on its own. It's about exactly the size of a small house mouse. Great at 10 metres or whatever it was.

Hey Rick, that's not a fat belly, that's life experience.

Thats potential muscle!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:17 am 

Sounds better Kelly!
Thanks for talking with me! It was good that it was just a plinking day and we got to visit more! Forgot to ask if you were retired also?

Especially with our new friend who wanted to remain anonymous. Send me those drawing when you can. Probably won't start on them till September.

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Crosman 150 pistol .22

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:53 pm 

I must say I had a lot of fun.

We still had a great turn out for such a rainy day.

See you guys all next month. I can not wait until then. See you guys on the range, at least on Sundays and Mondays.

I'll be having fun for sure.

All the best good friends, I had a ton of fun.

Biagio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:14 pm 

Yeah, another great shoot! It's fine just doing some plinking from time to time. I'm sure we'll be back at it with the field targets in the coming months. Managed to let about 300 JSB Exact Jumbo Heavies loose, and had a great time blasting just about everything. Shooting the empty CO2s was surprisingly fun!

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:02 pm 

Haru seemed especially pleased with himself for having hit the CO2 a few times, and he was even more thrilled to find that Rick had tossed a full one as a target. Showed me when we got home that the seal was intact! Somehow no one hit that end. So I put it in a vise and punctured it and he got even happier still seeing all that fog come out of the very dented tube. Then I handed it to him... heh heh heh.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:15 pm 

rrdstarr wrote:
Sounds better Kelly!
Thanks for talking with me! It was good that it was just a plinking day and we got to visit more! Forgot to ask if you were retired also?

Especially with our new friend who wanted to remain anonymous. Send me those drawing when you can. Probably won't start on them till September.

It was good chatting. .nice thing not needing hearing protection.
As far as retirement ..I wish ,I am thinking about it maybe sometime in the next 5 years we'll see...kelly