Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:20 am 

I purchased two of these guns from two different sources and they both had this issue right out of the box. It can vary from an annoying "sticking" at the forward position of the trigger to actually preventing the blowback from fully cycling the action which leads to a subsequent dry-fire.

There isn't much technical info about this gun online. The only parts diagram that I found was in German (I think). The hardest part of disassembly is the spring pin that needs to be pressed out (visible once slide is removed).

http://airgunz.altervista.org/CatalogoNazionale/Umarex_Desert_Eagle_esploso.gif

Instructions (proceed at your own risk):
Loosen hidden hex screw at front of gun under muzzle to release barrel
Maneuver slide spring guide toward front of gun to remove slide spring
Pull slide back and lift up and away
Press down on the two spring loaded metal parts now exposed and slide out breech lever (pay attention to the position and orientation of the small lever spring)
Remove screws on both sides near hammer
Remove hex screw and brass co2 plug at bottom of grip and pop off plastic piece (slide toward rear)
Press out the spring pin, I used a small arbor press, I suppose it could also be hammered out if done carefully
Gently pry the metal frame from the plastic at the front of the gun (ensure optional picatinny rail is removed before attempting), I used my fingernails lol
Slowly slide the metal frame out of the plastic shroud, paying attention to loose parts that may fall out, in particular get a finger on the spring located near the trigger on the right side asap, don't let it pop out or you may lose it forever (I spent way too much time searching for that stupid thing!)

The offending part causing the trigger to stick is the long metal arm on the outside of the frame that connects the trigger to the hammer mechanism. On a Beretta that part is referred to as the trigger bar. On the German parts diagram above it's called the Zugstange. The issue is the rear end of the part that "hooks" the hammer mechanism for double action trigger function is too long and binds on another metal part. The repair is to file about 1mm off the tip of the "hook". Be careful only to file enough to resolve the binding/sticking.

Reassemble in reverse order of disassembly oiling as required/desired.

Hope this helps someone out there! Any questions, let me know!

Enjoy!