Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Benjamin Trail NP2
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:45 pm 

airmec wrote:
Just saw Strelock is not available for laptops. Too bad :( .

There are 2 versions for iOS and one for Android though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:50 pm 

Tested my NP2 today and it is in the range of 94-96 dB. Canada version, versus the US version which is at about 83-85 dB.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:44 pm 

voldar wrote:
For those who might be interested, I want to say that I found a grip/hold that works for me when shooting this gun so that I get consistent results :

This hold started to give me some nice results but I am still working on the consistency. It is no joke, the 9.5 rate by Stephen Archer is spot on - shooting great with this gun needs practice, practice and... practice.

So what scope did you upgrade to?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:20 pm 

xtremevert wrote:

I bought a CenterPoint 4-16x40 on eBay. It's a great scope for the price.
It is one like this: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Adventure-Class- ... 2a57c05f01
I payed it 20% less though (81 vs 94 $C) but it is the same seller and the product is great.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:42 am 

voldar wrote:
This is the kind of results I had with my NP2 while I was doing the tests yesterday - 25 yards - Crossman HP.

It takes awhile to shoot these guns accurately. Each one is a learning process. Had my XL1100 .22 for two years before I finally learned to shoot it the way it wants. Two days of different holds finally paid of and I was rewarded with a 10 shot group at 30 yards that was 5/8's across. Before this I would get a 3 -4 shot group then a flyer.Piss...me off. I thought this was a waste of $300.00 bucks. But now its my favorite hunting gun. I'll try to put a pic up.

Hw 85 .22
Bengy NP XL1100 ,397,392
RWS 48 .177 , 34 .177
Hasan 125.25, at-44.22 edge.22
Titan np.22
Crosman 1377, 1322, 1377 restricted , Ruger Mark I .22
Webley Premier .22
RWS 5 G.177
Etc....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:32 am 

voldar wrote:
xtremevert wrote:

I bought a CenterPoint 4-16x40 on eBay. It's a great scope for the price.
It is one like this: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Adventure-Class- ... 2a57c05f01
I payed it 20% less though (81 vs 94 $C) but it is the same seller and the product is great.

That's a pretty good price for that scope. Wow. This is the one I got for mine and I upgraded the scope mounts to Weaver Skeleton mounts.

http://www.dlairgun.com/Scopes/Hawke/02 ... K5134.html?

and these scope mounts...

http://www.weaveroptics.com/rings_bases ... eton_ring/

pretty impressed so far with combination.

Also have one of these coming in from Pyramid...

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Stoeger_A ... dable/4951

It will be super easy to attach a couple picatinny style short 1" rails to the sides to use this. Still waiting because it's on back order. :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:09 pm 

Sharrins wrote:
It takes awhile to shoot these guns accurately. Each one is a learning process. Had my XL1100 .22 for two years before I finally learned to shoot it the way it wants. Two days of different holds finally paid of and I was rewarded with a 10 shot group at 30 yards that was 5/8's across. Before this I would get a 3 -4 shot group then a flyer.Piss...me off. I thought this was a waste of $300.00 bucks. But now its my favorite hunting gun. I'll try to put a pic up.

You are soo right. I'm still learning what hold goes best with it but I am seeing nice improvements.
My hold now is :
- sholder it tight (not hard though)
- a good grip
- let the cross sit in the open palm

It is said the secret of shooting accurately a NP2 is to be able to repet the same shooting posture every time you shoot and I am 100% for it. The fliers I get are there for a reason :-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:16 pm 

xtremevert wrote:
That's a pretty good price for that scope. Wow. This is the one I got for mine and I upgraded the scope mounts to Weaver Skeleton mounts...

That's a nice scope ! And for the bipod, please let me know how they perform (after you get them), because I am still on the fence about them. I am looking also at a tripod (Primos Shooting New Gen 2) - http://tinyurl.com/octuwll.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:15 pm 

voldar wrote:
xtremevert wrote:
That's a pretty good price for that scope. Wow. This is the one I got for mine and I upgraded the scope mounts to Weaver Skeleton mounts...

That's a nice scope ! And for the bipod, please let me know how they perform (after you get them), because I am still on the fence about them. I am looking also at a tripod (Primos Shooting New Gen 2) - http://tinyurl.com/octuwll.

I use this all of time and works great so that's why I thought I'll buy the bi-pod because it can't be any different than using one of these?

http://www.amazon.ca/Caldwell-Junior-Me ... oting+rest

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:54 pm 

xtremevert wrote:
I use this all of time and works great so that's why I thought I'll buy the bi-pod because it can't be any different than using one of these?
http://www.amazon.ca/Caldwell-Junior-Me ... oting+rest

From my experience with bipods, they are good enough for rimfire/centerfire rifles, but when it is about the sprigers, because of the double recoil movement and the fact that the bipod is stiff the end result might be different. I am sure the Caldwell Junior you have is better for springers than a mounted bipod, because they are padded and let the rifle do its "thing", yet remaining in position. While the mounted bipod will "jump" as the rifle "jumps" due to the recoil and regarding the surface they sit, this will have an impact on the overall shooting result. But I may be wrong about it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:09 pm 

And this is an example of groups (6 or 7 pellets) I can do with my NP2 if I am consistent in my shooting. 25 yards distance to target.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:35 am 

voldar wrote:
And this is an example of groups (6 or 7 pellets) I can do with my NP2 if I am consistent in my shooting. 25 yards distance to target.

This is the photo missing above.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:24 pm 

voldar wrote:
voldar wrote:

Getting much better. I use the same crip but tuck my check in to the butt as well and try to loosing off the shoulder muscle where the butt touches but still hold firm . Sounds weird but it works .

Hw 85 .22
Bengy NP XL1100 ,397,392
RWS 48 .177 , 34 .177
Hasan 125.25, at-44.22 edge.22
Titan np.22
Crosman 1377, 1322, 1377 restricted , Ruger Mark I .22
Webley Premier .22
RWS 5 G.177
Etc....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:59 pm 

Sharrins wrote:
Getting much better. I use the same crip but tuck my check in to the butt as well and try to loosing off the shoulder muscle where the butt touches but still hold firm . Sounds weird but it works .

Thank you, Sharrins ! I'll try this too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:09 pm 

voldar wrote:
voldar wrote:

Just a suggestion; It's easier to get a better perception of your target images if you drop a coin on the target and then take the shot (picture, that is :lol: ). It gives us something "real world" to relate to.

$0.00

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next