Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:50 pm 

If you're out on the west coast, don't miss this one! Our monthly field target match happens on the last Sunday of every month, this one landing on August 30th at 9AM. It's a great chance to get out and enjoy some shooting outdoors in a very positive environment. Come on by, it's only a $5 drop-in fee!

http://www.missionrodandgun.com/

When you arrive at the club, turn right past the gate, and proceed past the caretaker's house. You then need to follow the driveway up past the lower archery range, and continue up the hill until you reach the top. You will see us up top setting up around 9AM!

Feel free to reply or PM me if you have any questions.

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:29 pm 

At my brother's 50th Birthday drunk in Clarkston, WA.

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:56 pm 

Bump!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:47 pm 

Well I'll know by Saturday afternoon whether or not Haru and I will be tagging along on Sunday but it's almost a sure thing. I just have to scramble and get a bit of work done on a doublebass from up the coast before the player gets on a ferry, so she doesn't have to wait until the next day's trip back home. I'm pretty certain I can do it. And Haru says he promises not to shoot any more holes in the shed roof. Not that it's going to rain this time... RIGHT?!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:03 pm 

Hi Gerrard
Don't say the "R" word. Rain, no rain.

Biagio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:39 am 

sorry the rain and wind hit us hard last night so I will be doing some clean up :x

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:27 am 

Reports from Mike sound like they had a good time! I was in Eastern WA with family. Indoor shooting because of the heavy smoke from the fires and terrible winds on Saturday.

Not sure about September yet? Hayley has to work out of town for a week and a half. Going on a Girl's camping trip for a weekend. Know we are going camping one of those weekends too when the fires die down.

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:22 pm 

Yeah, it was a great time! There were just five of us out there, but we still went and set up some knock-down targets, and did a match. I scored one of my better scores at 31 / 40 while kneeling. I had a good streak of 7 knock downs in a row, then somehow had issues with concentration on the last 2 lanes. Even the dreaded Kenny from South Park was knocked down. Still hoping to improve to the mid 30s, which should be achievable.

The weather was great... A few very brief sprinkles, but quite a bit of sun in between cloudy patches. We set up and did some plinking for another couple hours afterwards. We were shooting at some cans... Tried to shoot a can in half at 46 yards, and came pretty close! The errant shots were some .25 cal CO2 powered lobs at the can.

We also took some shots at some empty CO2 cartridges. It was fun to hear the pellets zinging off into the distance after hitting those! One of my shots managed to penetrate right into a cartridge:

We could see and hear the lead rattling around in there! Those 18.1gr JSBs really pack a punch at over 800 fps! Split another cartridge, too. Still can't help but be surprised at the accuracy and power of the Hammerli Pneuma. It's been a lot of fun to tune, and it's shooting just right for me, now. Getting 50 shots per fill, and it only takes about 3-4 minutes to get back up to its favorite top pressure. I'm lucky in that it shoots best from 2250 psi down to about 1450 psi. Easy to hand pump for sure!

Maybe time to look into getting a regulator...

:rolleyes: