Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:47 am 

Hi all,

I've been searching the forum, others and the net but for the life of me I can't find a teardown video or step by step to do this.
Only thing I found was a girl's video on youtube ,and well the way she went about it putting it back together not my kind of diy lol.

Found a Benjamin trail NP rebuild video from pyramid air Close to the TR77 NPS?
(That's the kind of diy video that would be great for the TR77)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeQQ6S6WgHc
Same for trigger mod, all videos are a little fuzzy....

Thanks!
FB.

TR77 NPS
SA 941
S&W M+P
Colt SAA Blued Airgunsource Rocks! 2 days deliv. in NEW condition
ReplicaAirGuns.ca = Bad... rust and missing finish +30 days to be reimbursed...
had to pay to ship it back....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:03 pm 

The Trail in that vid and the TR77NP are the same base model, most parts are the same and any that are different like the stock and barrel are interchangeable. You can also go on the Crosman website http://tinyurl.com/Crosman-Parts and download a parts diagram which should be helpful. They're very simple inside, should be a piece of cake.
There are many different trigger mods that can be done, but I'll assume if you were looking at youtube then you probably saw the washer/bearing mod. It's very simple, just be careful b/c depending in the washer used and variations in the trigger it can make it sketchy, like the safety not working, firing w/o warning, barrel slamming closed while loading a pellet, which btw bends the barrel. So be careful and test it first. If interested in some other info I have on the gun and trigger you can email me at chevota at hotmail, if nothing else the pix I have should help. If modding a 500fps to full power I have that too, which as a disclaimer to please admin; is only if you're allowed to do so.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:12 pm 

Chevota wrote:
The Trail in that vid and the TR77NP are the same base model, most parts are the same and any that are different like the stock and barrel are interchangeable. You can also go on the Crosman website http://tinyurl.com/Crosman-Parts and download a parts diagram which should be helpful. They're very simple inside, should be a piece of cake.
There are many different trigger mods that can be done, but I'll assume if you were looking at youtube then you probably saw the washer/bearing mod. It's very simple, just be careful b/c depending in the washer used and variations in the trigger it can make it sketchy, like the safety not working, firing w/o warning, barrel slamming closed while loading a pellet, which btw bends the barrel. So be careful and test it first. If interested in some other info I have on the gun and trigger you can email me at chevota at hotmail, if nothing else the pix I have should help. If modding a 500fps to full power I have that too, which as a disclaimer to please admin; is only if you're allowed to do so.

Thanks for the info Chevota!
No, not interested in modding to full power, for plinking it's overkill imho ;)
Just cleaning, oiling, greasing and yes the trigger mod.
Washer mod, hmmm no, like you mentioned a bit too unpredictable,
I fired about 100 pellets today adjusting scope, man that scope sucks lol,
Anyway I found a better pistol grip position that makes the trigger a bit more bearable,
But I'll definitely be doing the trigger mod, after I build my ghetto spring compressor ;)

Cheers,
FB.

TR77 NPS
SA 941
S&W M+P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:30 pm 

Slightly off-topic, but not really:

I'm curious why you made a point of explaining with such clarity that it was a "girl's video"?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:50 pm 

Context check: I think the OP means "a video by some girl", as opposed to a video for girls.
Just sayin...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:39 pm 

57scott wrote:
Context check: I think the OP means "a video by some girl", as opposed to a video for girls.
Just sayin...

Yes, I agree. Question stands.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:20 am 

My question is; Is said girl hot? Like the Kirsten Joy Weiss vids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLJjY44X_0M

I have a couple drawings of spring compressors in that mass-o-files, one is simple and the other is ultra simple. Like a 4' long 2x4 and a Nickel, and it's much faster to operate than all the ones you see online.
The nitro has ~170lb force, and since I weigh more than that I just use my body weight to compress it.
The scope may suck because the parallax is off for your range and it may need to be shimmed, both of which are covered in the files, as are a few different trigger mods.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:12 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
57scott wrote:
Just sayin...

Like 57Scott said,
Just that it was a girl who made the video, if it would've been a guy I might have said "some guy" instead.

FB.

TR77 NPS
SA 941
S&W M+P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:23 pm 

Chevota wrote:
My question is; Is said girl hot? Like the Kirsten Joy Weiss vids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLJjY44X_0M

I have a couple drawings of spring compressors in that mass-o-files, one is simple and the other is ultra simple. Like a 4' long 2x4 and a Nickel, and it's much faster to operate than all the ones you see online.
The nitro has ~170lb force, and since I weigh more than that I just use my body weight to compress it.
The scope may suck because the parallax is off for your range and it may need to be shimmed, both of which are covered in the files, as are a few different trigger mods.

Unfortunately no, well at least not for me :)
But she did know her stuff, had the TR in pieces and put it back together, she did the full power mod too.

Thanks for the info again :)
The scope is blurry, and yes because parallax is off (Not adjustable) at that range,
but I've bought a UTG 3-9x40 True hunter getting it Wednesday.

Cheers!
FB.

TR77 NPS
SA 941
S&W M+P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:48 am 

FrankBlack01 wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:
57scott wrote:
Just sayin...

Like 57Scott said,
Just that it was a girl who made the video, if it would've been a guy I might have said "some guy" instead.

FB.

I doubt it; you would have said "I watched a video… ." Not going to beat the proverbial dead horse; just sayin'.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:25 am 

I see what you mean, at least I assume it was the same vid. Black chick right? I did NOT expect that!
Apparently the PC thing to say would be "a persons video". But if it's a guy then calling him a guy or dude is ok? I never understood the PC thing. Now lets see who complains because I said chick and especially black.
Did she lube that gun with Vaseline?
You can adj the parallax on that scope fyi, it just takes longer than an AO.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:01 am 

[/color]
Chevota wrote:
I see what you mean, at least I assume it was the same vid. Black chick right? I did NOT expect that!
Apparently the PC thing to say would be "a persons video". But if it's a guy then calling him a guy or dude is ok? I never understood the PC thing. Now lets see who complains because I said chick and especially black.
Did she lube that gun with Vaseline?
You can adj the parallax on that scope fyi, it just takes longer than an AO.

Yup. You're askin' for it on both counts: Information not relevant to the context and therefore sexist/racist. I used to teach news reporting: reporters' creed must be, "Don't use adjectives, but if you must, make sure they are relevant to the story." For regular folk in a conversational environment, it's a good rule to remember: 90% of adjectives used every day by written conversationalists are unnecessary and open up broad gates of (mis)interpretation.

Words in red are adjectives; are there any I should have omitted because they weren't required?

Quote:
Apparently the PC thing to say would be "a persons video"

No. We can safely assume it's by a person: "I watched a video..."

If race is important, it should be included, as in a post about an incident involving racial conflict:
"Ray Mitchell, an African-Canadian supporter of the DarkSpark movement for 25 years (Male or Female? Not relevant), said..."

Otherwise (in a non-racial issue):" Ray Mitchell, an active, 25-year supporter of the NoNaysOnGays movement, said, "... " (gender, race, age, sexual preference, yada yada, are not relevant).

Yeah, it's all "people who are interested will figure out what I mean (even though I can't express it myself)" I've heard it 3,780 times (still counting). If you want people to be interested in what you are saying, be interested enough yourself to express it as well as you can (and strive to be better each time you communicate). If you're not quite so good at expressing yourself in the written language yet, a good rule to remember is "avoid adjectives unless they are necessary to the meaning."

Again: Yeah, I know: damned Grammar Queens! If someone can't take the time to figure out what I'm saying, screw them!

Well, the Grammar Queen says, "Happy Trails."

(I don't know. She just said that to me as she passed by the other day).

Once again, adjectives outside of the quotes are in red

Here endeth the morning lesson. I'm sorry. It's late. Sleeman and I have connected a lot. All the same...

I'm Edmonton<500, and I approve of this message.

:drinkers: :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:31 pm 

Hey! I want to see the black chick gun enthusiast video! How about a link? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:00 pm 

Edmonton: I hear you if it's about being professional or grammatically correct, but I guess we common folk are somewhere between cavemen (cavepeople?) and an English professor, so maybe just a step above vulgar English? While the persons race or gender may not be pc for most stories, I'm always curious. Ever see SNL with "Pat" the sexually ambiguous co-worker? It drove the others nuts trying to figure out its gender, and one guy was so frustrated he defenstrates himself. (I'm just happy I got to use that word). It's not pc for them to know its gender, but like most people I'm not pc either which I why the skit is so funny.

lleader: I went to youtube, searched "TR77 disassembly" and looked for females in the still, none. Then I looked at the posters names for fem or non-dude handles which narrowed it down real fast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaYCGS1rEGU
Can't really comment on the vid since I can't hear a word she's saying, but I'm guessing Canadian based on the vids title. I hate that short barreled version. Is it pc to say that or are inanimate objects still ok? ;)
Still looking for a detailed vid to dis/re-assemble generic Crosman rifles to direct noobs to. Detailed but not an hour long!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:41 pm 

Chevota:
Quote:
... and one guy was so frustrated he defenstrates himself. (I'm just happy I got to use that word).

Ha! Ha! But why? Do you think the average cave dweller would have any idea what the word means?