Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Slavia 631
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:00 am 

I have a Slavia 631 F version . It says 150 fps on the box. Is it possible to power it up to the power of the pal version by changing the mainspring only, or do I need to change the piston and mainspring?( I would like to get around 600fps) If a spring change only will do, what spring do I use and where do I get one. I did a search and it only confused me. thanks for any replies.

Post subject: Re: Slavia 631
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:16 pm 

redwings wrote:
It says 150 fps on the box.

Are you sure it's not 150 mps? (metres per second?) That would be 492 fps.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:26 pm 

My 631 came with the higher-power spring in the box with it . Pretty sure that's the entire upgrade to PAL level. A clean and lube while you're in there changing the spring wouldn't hurt, though...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:47 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

The Slavia 631 and 630 sold in Canada had shorter main springs. The original spring is about an inch longer. You would need to have a PAL to bring it up to speed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:34 pm 

It does say meters. I do have my pal-the R version, so does anyone know where I can get the pal rated spring that will fit in this F version 631?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:57 am 

Hmmm... the "R version" of the PAL. Do you have the non-restricted firearm version as well. Well, I guess you really wouldn't need it with the R version. So, just out of curiosity, did you get the non-restricted firearm version as well?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:11 pm 

I bought the non restricted text book and put it in my restroom and with in a month I had it almost memorized . I made an appointment to challenge the exam and passed. I purchased the restricted text book and put it in my study again and in a month I challenged the exam and passed again. That was around 10 years ago. I could be wrong, but I don't think you can challenge the exam any more, you might have to take the course first, than write the exam. You get your non res pal first then try for your res pal. Back to my original question, where can I get a pal rated spring?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:29 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Hmmm... the "R version" of the PAL. Do you have the non-restricted firearm version as well. Well, I guess you really wouldn't need it with the R version. So, just out of curiosity, did you get the non-restricted firearm version as well?

Wow...I shake my head. Hmmmm lol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:12 pm 

By curiosity, I made some research, and it's not that easy to find replacement springs for a Slavia. You may have to measure your spring and order a custom one. Here are some links, hope you'll find something interesting:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=33990&view=next

http://vortekproducts.com/ourstore/airg ... un-Springs

http://www.shop-cz.com/slavia-spare-parts/c-1222/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:54 pm 

Gregger wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:

You shake your head because you're an idiot and couldn't catch a verbal nuance if it slapped you in the face! Back off, pardner; find another target for your monthly visit to the forum. Please.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:53 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Gregger wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:

You shake your head because you're an idiot and couldn't catch a verbal nuance if it slapped you in the face! Back off, pardner; find another target for your monthly visit to the forum. Please.

There are probably more than a few members who would agree that at least one person posting on this thread is an "idiot". But I think you'd have to look real hard to find more than one member who would identify gregger as said person.

I'm not multitasking. I'm doing something else until I remember what I was doing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:47 pm 

As far as P.A.L.'s go, I do not think you could challenge the restricted exam & obtain the restricted P.A.L. without already having possession of a non-restricted P.A.L. The answer to this technicality could be interesting, or not.

Post subject: Slavia 631
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:13 pm 

Daryl wrote:
As far as P.A.L.'s go, I do not think you could challenge the restricted exam & obtain the restricted P.A.L. without already having possession of a non-restricted P.A.L. The answer to this technicality could be interesting, or not.

Exactly. Sometimes replies need to be answered in that manner to certain folks. It seems that's how certain folks reply to others...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:47 am 

A member sent me a pm offering to sell me a new pal rated mainspring,I installed it and bingo, blows through both sides of the soup can. Great forum, and people!!