Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:25 am 

Gippeto wrote:
Well that IS interesting. :)

How long are you going to have this? Not sure yet but might be down your way next weekend to look at a trailer....

Al

Come on by budz. :D The pictures are misleading the system must be seen to fully understand how it functions.

At present AF will not ship a trigger group and safety bar to Canada. :oops:. Since the Op seeked warranty for his boo boo. Their enginerrs want to see this rifle, because it is the first Texan since public release to become broken :cry: :cry: BUT the Op doesnt want to have me ship it south. :roll: So we wait at the moment. :rolleyes: He is trying to get some Merican assistance to purchase a trigger assy. BUT AF would have most likely froze part sales, I know If it was my call I would.
I have considered pulling the sears out of one of mine so as to build bbl kit for the Texan, BUT wait upon word back from the Op. He wants a 9mm and a 308 for it BUT refuses to pay for the bbls up front prior to me buiding them, the process is not reversable if he backs out last second......lots of BUTS here....so I wait.... Moving on to other peoples guns.. :D :D

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:02 pm 

Cool...will be in touch when I know more. :)

Some folks dont understand what those blanks cost out of pocket...my last order totaled around $2300... fair bit of jingle to tie up in my world.

Al

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:28 am 

Gippeto wrote:
Cool...will be in touch when I know more. :)

Some folks dont understand what those blanks cost out of pocket...my last order totaled around $2300... fair bit of jingle to tie up in my world.

Al

Right on budz. Drop me a line when its hammered out as THE PLAN..
As to that last order I think I was to blame :oops: :oops: for about or just over a 1/3 of that. :lol: :lol: As for folks not understanding, :| so very true. Never mind having a couple K in bbls. Then there is the dollars invested in a selection of Delrin, nylon, alum, brass, SS, and carbon steel stock. Yep then throw in the machinery to build it all. 8) Lots of jingle upon this side of the fence of the airgun hobby, aint it. :mrgreen:

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:34 am 

Whitewolf wrote:
Yep then throw in the machinery to build it all. 8) Lots of jingle upon this side of the fence of the airgun hobby, aint it. :mrgreen:

Putting it mildly. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:51 pm 

Just my machines alone are $2300 and that is very small investment. I am sure I don't have half of what you two have!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:11 am 

If Air Force saw all the damage that the Op has done to his rifle, would they still warranty it?

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:00 am 

Castle02 wrote:
If Air Force saw all the damage that the Op has done to his rifle, would they still warranty it?

IMHO I sincerly doubt AF will cover the damage as a warranty claim, with disclosure of what was done. :cry: But then you never know :roll:

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:30 pm 

Had a great visit with Kim today. Really enjoyed the visit, chat and viewing of the Texan. Interesting rifle,

You are good company Kim and the time flew by...did catch a little heck from the wife, but consider it well worth it. Think I learned a little bit about the AF rifles....still lots to learn but a little at a time.

Going to hunt up some steel in the morning and get that project rolling forward.

Al

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:21 pm 

Yes Al it was a great visit, still trying to figure out where 4hrs went...lol. Considering we only touched on your project and our other topics.

An update upon the Texan.
The Op was fully contacted with pictures and such asto what work I was required to correct his mishap. A total of 17 emails and 236 txt messages, with the Op. Not counting emails with Lother USA and phone calls with AF. Or communications with the gun vendor. The Ops take, WAY TOO MUCH $$$. :?

As to what I did do.
The rifle was fully disassembled, cleaned and examined for all damage.
From the extent of damage. The bbl was spun in the lathe and measured for trueness as per Lother Walter specs. The frame was put into the mill and measured, as to QC specs of Air Force for straightness. The loading trough was cleaned up from its damage, bbl was re crowned it had suffered a hammer strike when pounding out the stuck boolit. The bbl was cleaned to remove all lead pieces that were left. The bbl retainment bushings were put into their correct orientation. I then polished the bbl with JB bore paste to clean and assess the compression damage that is very much present. The trigger group track was deburred. Hammer and breech cover were filed and polished to remove the impact damage. Sears were diamond filed to remove their compresion damage. The pivot points could not be fixed. Would the rifle cock, yes after numerous attempts. IS IT SAFE. HELL NO. The trigger group is capable of firing upon its own. An unsafe weapon IMHO.

The Op was quoted 5.5 hrs labour including replacement of the new trigger components. Plus an addition cost of lapping the bbl to remove its damage. No vendor would have been this thorough in their attempts upon fixing the Ops rifle. It would have been replacement of all phyical damaged components. AND Worry about it after returned to the Op if a warranty issue arose.

So yesterday Al witnessed its packaging, case being sealed and it was mailed back to the Op this morning, where the Op elected his $1300 airgun to be shipped NON INSURED, :shock: SAME WAY I RECIEVED NON INSURED :shock: . Where he will be more then welcome to have someone else do his repair when AF chooses to sell the parts. Their engineers definitly want to see this gun back at the factory for their evaluation. Serial number TX00391

Regards

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:14 pm 

For the curious, or those who want to understand.. big pic.
Top is from the barrel being cleaned then slugged. Note the compression damage.
Middle is from cleaning with JB bore paste, still overly compressed.
Bottom is from a NEW barrel that requires polishing for optimum accuracy.Image

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:37 pm 

Whitewolf wrote:
Yes Al it was a great visit, still trying to figure out where 4hrs went...lol. Considering we only touched on your project and our other topics.

An update upon the Texan.
The Op was fully contacted with pictures and such asto what work I was required to correct his mishap. A total of 17 emails and 236 txt messages, with the Op. Not counting emails with Lother USA and phone calls with AF. Or communications with the gun vendor. The Ops take, WAY TOO MUCH $$$. :?

As to what I did do.
The rifle was fully disassembled, cleaned and examined for all damage.
From the extent of damage. The bbl was spun in the lathe and measured for trueness as per Lother Walter specs. The frame was put into the mill and measured, as to QC specs of Air Force for straightness. The loading trough was cleaned up from its damage, bbl was re crowned it had suffered a hammer strike when pounding out the stuck boolit. The bbl was cleaned to remove all lead pieces that were left. The bbl retainment bushings were put into their correct orientation. I then polished the bbl with JB bore paste to clean and assess the compression damage that is very much present. The trigger group track was deburred. Hammer and breech cover were filed and polished to remove the impact damage. Sears were diamond filed to remove their compresion damage. The pivot points could not be fixed. Would the rifle cock, yes after numerous attempts. IS IT SAFE. HELL NO. The trigger group is capable of firing upon its own. An unsafe weapon IMHO.

The Op was quoted 5.5 hrs labour including replacement of the new trigger components. Plus an addition cost of lapping the bbl to remove its damage. No vendor would have been this thorough in their attempts upon fixing the Ops rifle. It would have been replacement of all phyical damaged components. AND Worry about it after returned to the Op if a warranty issue arose.

So yesterday Al witnessed its packaging, case being sealed and it was mailed back to the Op this morning, where the Op elected his $1300 airgun to be shipped NON INSURED, :shock: SAME WAY I RECIEVED NON INSURED :shock: . Where he will be more then welcome to have someone else do his repair when AF chooses to sell the parts. Their engineers definitly want to see this gun back at the factory for their evaluation. Serial number TX00391

Regards

If you can afford a $1300 rifle, you should be able to afford to get it fixed. If it was me, I would take a chance and send it back to AF. You never know, AF might send a new rifle, maybe not. Just my thoughts on it.

Rich

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:18 am 

When there was a boolit stuck in the bbl. AF agreed warranty claim... :shock: :D
But since the Op choose to extract it himself, well with a failure to understand. He in turn dug himself a big hole from the damage that insued. He was given the option, fix it all plus 2 addition calibres. And I just so happened to have the parts availble from one of mine.
It would have made it the first in the world. And what he was wanting. I did try to help him, but in the end it was his choice... :oops: Talk is cheap and so are dreams. But cold hard cash will make it all happen....JMHO. :drinkers:

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:27 am 

Just an update for those of you following this thread.
Since the distibutor paid me for my services. The rifle was sent back to the OP. Which he revieved yesterday. Still in its condition of requiring repair. So now itll be up to the OP to send the rifle to AF for repair as they had requested over a month ago. He has been trying to sell it upon a few forums without full disclousre of its true condition. That leaves the honest integrety of the OP paying the distributor for my services.
Guess time will tell or his name will be posted as someone NOT TO DO BUSINESS with in our feedback forum.

Regards

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:32 pm 

Post his name Kim! It will save us all from shysters like that! :evil:

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177