Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Hi
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:51 pm 

apitagan wrote:

Thanks for doing this for the real members of this site!

Always happy to shine the light of day on these scammers!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:37 pm 

wllm995 wrote:
apitagan wrote:

Always happy to shine the light of day on these scammers!

Yup and hopefully someone from the "authorities" put these "%!#!!!!" behind bars for good.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:51 pm 

I can't stand these pukes that try conning and scamming people. I wonder if they have been trying this on any other airgun forums. has anybody heard or warned them. this is the only forum I use. but anything with a for sale section is easy prey to these sons of beotches. they are more than likely doing a lot of it. and way to go for catching it before a lot of guys lost there money.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:58 pm 

Thanks Doug, when I decide to buy I now know be ultra careful who I deal with.

Robbie.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:40 pm 

apitagan wrote:
wllm995 wrote:
Got this PM this morning; can't vouch for its authenticity - but thought that I should share it with you...

Quote:
Please note: This is a fake account that will only be used this once. I don't really want anyone to know what I did.

Greatness/randsch89

I believe they are the same person. Within 1 minute of creating a new account randsch89 PM'd me about an airgun (that Greatness was PM'ing me as well). He wanted immediate payment through EMT (no paypal, money order, etc).

I strung him along for awhile and managed to get his real IP Address:

197.211.53.1 (Nigeria -- Globacom Ltd) <-- Basically he was using his iPhone

He does seem to have multiple VPNs throughout North America. I've seen at least two (Kansas City and Guelph).

Interestingly, I managed to get his Canadian Banking information (Apparently these scammers aren't immune to being scammed themselves). I'm not sure if there are any funds left in there, but providing it to the authorities may at least help track them down.

Bank of Montreal
Account Number: 03933970870

Hope this helps!

If the Mods think that putting out this info is inappropriate; feel free to delete it.

Otherwise I feel that it is my duty to share it with the members here.

:|

Yup I've been away for a while (working out of town... Oakland, Bruce Peninsula, Barrie) for the past while and i have both these names "Greatness/randsch89" in my inbox regarding my Wtb P17/2004 post which obviously isnt a very expensive pistol whatsoever but glad i read the "new posts" just because of all this "scamming" business going on and I myself was recently called a scammer simply due to the fact im not on as much as before and canadapost dropped the ball (as they occasionally do...) but all turned out well through simple communication. Not always the case and i get there is scammers out there but found it kinda comical being called a scammer when i frequent this site and have many post/feedbacks and have met a bunch of people face to face ;) thank yall for the watchful eye and glad there is people paying attention to this because i would have been my naive self and sent this tool some money!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:44 am 

Whitewolf wrote:
wllm995 wrote:
Perhaps I am being a bit too harsh - but he has been PMed 3 times and has read all of them - and has responded to none of my PMs or to my requests here.

I find this highly suspicious and would just warn anyone from doing any business with this brand new member unless you get iron clad guarantees.

If I am wrong about him; I am prepared to apologize...but I really doubt it.

If I may, relax Doug. Not everyone has the ability, want and or desire to warm up to some of your communicative skills. :lol: :lol: Im still working on it and Ive known you a decade now...lmao....jmo

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay and the information you find useful here.

Oh, how does one explain? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:10 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Whitewolf wrote:
wllm995 wrote:
Perhaps I am being a bit too harsh - but he has been PMed 3 times and has read all of them - and has responded to none of my PMs or to my requests here.

I find this highly suspicious and would just warn anyone from doing any business with this brand new member unless you get iron clad guarantees.

If I am wrong about him; I am prepared to apologize...but I really doubt it.

If I may, relax Doug. Not everyone has the ability, want and or desire to warm up to some of your communicative skills. :lol: :lol: Im still working on it and Ive known you a decade now...lmao....jmo

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay and the information you find useful here.

Oh, how does one explain? :roll:

You again explain what?????????? If i was a new member and some one started PM'ing me asking if i was a scammer then posting on the forum i wont reply i would say see ya and not come back .......Now if a new member PM"s me and asks why is some one accusing me of being or doing what ever i would deal with accuser ............

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:06 am 

Couldn't agree more. Perhaps someone should tell the vigilante(s) that. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:24 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Couldn't agree more. Perhaps someone should tell the vigilante(s) that. :)

Please do!

I thought that I was performing a public service by ferreting out these rotten scammers.

If you object to my methods - please go ahead and do it yourself.

Just make sure that you can deal with those members here who might get duped and lose some of their personal funds to these ***holes!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:54 pm 

Doug, I'll not enter into a pissing match with you. I'll simply refer you back to the two comments made by the two most active mods (in "mod mode") on this forum. I'll leave it at that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:18 pm 

Welcome aboard, randsch89.

I apologize for my role in turning your intro thread into one of the most unwelcoming threads I could possibly imagine. All the drama and lack of attention to the purpose of the thread is due to a recent and prolific scammer within our forum ranks. We honestly do not make a practice of interrogating people, either through their intro post, or by personal message. We are generally a very open and trusting group with people we know, but insufficient fear (no, "caution" is the word), on behalf of some members, of people we don't know has given temporary rise to typical human overreactions.

Enjoy your stay. It gets better as you delve into other forums

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:22 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Welcome aboard, randsch89.

I apologize for my role in turning your intro thread into one of the most unwelcoming threads I could possibly imagine. All the drama and lack of attention to the purpose of the thread is due to a recent and prolific scammer within our forum ranks. We honestly do not make a practice of interrogating people, either through their intro post, or by personal message. We are generally a very open and trusting group with people we know, but insufficient fear (no, "caution" is the word), on behalf of some members, of people we don't know has given temporary rise to typical human overreactions.

Enjoy your stay. It gets better as you delve into other forums

Quote:
Greatness/randsch89

I believe they are the same person. Within 1 minute of creating a new account randsch89 PM'd me about an airgun (that Greatness was PM'ing me as well). He wanted immediate payment through EMT (no paypal, money order, etc).

I strung him along for awhile and managed to get his real IP Address:

197.211.53.1 (Nigeria -- Globacom Ltd) <-- Basically he was using his iPhone

He does seem to have multiple VPNs throughout North America. I've seen at least two (Kansas City and Guelph).

Interestingly, I managed to get his Canadian Banking information (Apparently these scammers aren't immune to being scammed themselves). I'm not sure if there are any funds left in there, but providing it to the authorities may at least help track them down.

Bank of Montreal
Account Number: 03933970870

Hope this helps!

:?