Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Mod from 495 to higher
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:35 pm 

Hello everyone
I just bought my crosman TR77 495fps from Canadian Tire I enjoy it but want to know how to mod to full power and were to get the parts to do so I do have my PAL so that is not the issue I searched most youtube videos and they all show the same bleeder hole to block but my TR77 does not have any hole any advise
Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:25 pm 

Hi lupo, welcome on the forum! Where are you from? Depending on your location, you may want to deal with Gravel Agency (eastern), or Scopes and Ammo (central/western) to get the parts you're looking for.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:59 pm 

from the GTA thanks for the responds

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:14 pm 

Scope and ammo is the source but I am not 100 percent sure of what I have to do and the parts I need if you can help me it would be great thanks again

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:05 pm 

Just zip Eric an email at Scopes & Ammo, and he'll tell you what you need. Google is your friend for instructional videos on how to do the mods.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:02 pm 

Are you new to air guns? There's a lot that can be said about the ''simple mod'' you want to do. I'll try to summarize the main points.

First, I'd suggest you download the EVP (exploded view parts diagram) for your rifle from Crosman. If you bought your TR77 at Canadian Tire, it may be the model #7-30131, which is de-tuned by means of a longer piston and weaker nitro ram. The parts you want are for the US full power rifle, model #30131, you will need the shorter piston and BT9M nitro ram. I guess the end cap, the part that hold the nitro ram in place with a cross pin, is the same on both rifles, but I'm not quite sure about that. Also don't forget to order a main seal (the piston's seal) as well.

Secondly, get or fabricate a sturdy spring compressor to remove or install the ram. Those things are under pretty strong tension, you don't want to get hurt. You can search the forum for examples, or google ''air rifle spring compressor'', you'll get a whole lot of infos and videos on that subject.

Third, are you mechanically inclined? While you rifle is apart, you may want to do a bit of tuning: smoothing rough edges, polishing trigger parts, good lube job, etc. Again, this forum and Google are you sources for detailed infos.

You must also know that your rifle will have a much harder recoil with the stronger ram, it may be harder to get good accuracy, and it could also become a ''scope destroyer'' due to heavier recoil. The best advice I can give you is to do A LOT of research before doing the mod, and patience and a safe attitude are your best friends! I'm sure there's a lot more things to say about that, and I sure hope someone else will chime in to elaborate on the subject. I join some pictures of my own spring compressor, as an example.

Don,t be afraid to ask questions, and good luck with your researches and mod :D .

Attachments:
IMG_4558.JPG
IMG_4558.JPG [ 174.3 KiB | Viewed 968 times ]
IMG_4559.JPG
IMG_4559.JPG [ 163.51 KiB | Viewed 968 times ]