Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:31 pm 

Does anyone know someone in Ottawa who mods air guns?

I'm considering getting a steel breech and red dot sight on my Crosman 1322. But rather than mess it up I'd like to pay someone who knows what they're doing to get the work done.

ANyone have any contacts to suggest?

- For the challenge: Weihrauch HW45 Black Star Pistol (.22 cal)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:45 pm 

Really there isn't anything to mess up. You'll need to have a .050 allen wrench, besides the regular SAE allen wrenches to get out the breach screw is all. Plenty of instructions on youtube to help you along.

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:11 pm 

Well....you might strip out the breech screw like I did and have to drill it out.I think the factory overtightened it cuz it was a bugger.Murphys law strikes again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:12 am 

Hi Rizaloo,

In the spirit of goodwill I would like to help you out. I am not in the Ottawa area but would like to offer up my services because 1) we were all new to mods 2) we've all been the new guy 3) I just love the 13xx platform and feel with some tinkering you will be happy with yours.

So, here is what I am thinking. If you would like to try the mods yourself but are leary maybe some guidance via phone or Skype. Skype I think would work well as I could use one of my own to show you the steps and you would have visual cues to follow and any troubleshooting would be immediate. Also while we're at it I can show you some other easy mods to enhance your enjoyment of the pistol such as lightening the trigger spring and polishing some of the internal parts to smooth out operation.

I will also offer that you could send your pistol and parts to me and I will perform the swap and mods. No charge, you pay shipping and send a return label. This of course requires some trust and I assure you I am no scammer, just want to help out. Only provision I ask here is that once you have some experience you pay it forward to someone else in need.

Disclaimer: I am not an airgunsmith. I merely own a few examples of the pistol in question and have repeatedly performed the modifications in question with good results and am willing to share my experience with them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:00 pm 

Tinner wrote:
Hi Rizaloo,

In the spirit of goodwill I would like to help you out. I am not in the Ottawa area but would like to offer up my services because 1) we were all new to mods 2) we've all been the new guy 3) I just love the 13xx platform and feel with some tinkering you will be happy with yours.

So, here is what I am thinking. If you would like to try the mods yourself but are leary maybe some guidance via phone or Skype. Skype I think would work well as I could use one of my own to show you the steps and you would have visual cues to follow and any troubleshooting would be immediate. Also while we're at it I can show you some other easy mods to enhance your enjoyment of the pistol such as lightening the trigger spring and polishing some of the internal parts to smooth out operation.

I will also offer that you could send your pistol and parts to me and I will perform the swap and mods. No charge, you pay shipping and send a return label. This of course requires some trust and I assure you I am no scammer, just want to help out. Only provision I ask here is that once you have some experience you pay it forward to someone else in need.

Disclaimer: I am not an airgunsmith. I merely own a few examples of the pistol in question and have repeatedly performed the modifications in question with good results and am willing to share my experience with them.

Hey man! Wow, such a generous offer. That's two generous offers I get in the past 24 hours. You guys are a good bunch! So, I'm being sent the 459 MT mount that sits on the barrel. I know that the barrel does rotate even with this on, but I'm hoping it'll be secure enough for me to work with it. This would allow me to mount a dovetail sight without the need to replace the breech, which I'm hoping to do.

If for some reason I don't find this mount works for my gun, I'll contact you. Based on your post history and count, the low value of my gun and your sincerity, I would trust you to mail the gun in for modifications but I'd feel guilty not giving you something for your efforts, so we can discuss this if / when the time comes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:01 pm 

No worries man. Give the 459 MT's a shot. I haven't tried them myself but have read that they can be usable if shimmed to be tighter and the optic is light. A red dot may not pose any issues. And please don't forget to document your findings and share with us.

The offer will stand as long as you need and I would be embarrassed to take anything for helping out. I'm no smith and if we were closer in proximity I would just say pop over for a beer and we'll get'er dun. My reward is a good deed done.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:44 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

I used the 459 MTC but I had to Epoxy Glue them in place .
But it made a mess to the barrel finish when I toke them off .

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:51 pm 

under500fps wrote:
I used the 459 MTC but I had to Epoxy Glue them in place .
But it made a mess to the barrel finish when I toke them off .

Yeah, I know the barrel will spin with enough force due to the plastic breech. I'm worried about it a bit, but honestly if it hits better than the stock sights, even by a small margin, it will seriously make my day. If I have to move the mounts on the barrel a bit on occasion, well I might be able to live with that. Well, that's what I'm saying now on paper, but let me actually field test it and get back to this thread :)

I both love and hate this pistol right now. I have a new found respect for those who can fire this thing accurately with the stock sights, seriously. Hell, even with a scope / dot / whatever. This thing is difficult to fire, and I'm okay with that to a certain degree. If I wanted an air weapon that was easier to handle, I would have gone straight to a PCP or something with little to no recoil. BUt.. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment; I want the challenge that goes with the low maintenance and simplicity of a pump-up or springer.

Which leads me to another question... Is there any sort of break-in period with the 1322? The manual didn't state it, but my Phantom did (and I already notice a huge difference in it).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:41 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

There is no break-in period with the 1322 .
But the trigger may get better after a lots of use .

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:09 pm 

rizaloo wrote:
Yeah, I know the barrel will spin with enough force due to the plastic breech.

I am curious about what you mean by this statement. If the barrel were to turn in the breech you would be in deep trouble as there is a transfer port that carries the air from the valve to the barrel that should prevent this from happening, and should you somehow manage it, it would no longer line up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:01 pm 

lleader wrote:
rizaloo wrote:

I am curious about what you mean by this statement. If the barrel were to turn in the breech you would be in deep trouble as there is a transfer port that carries the air from the valve to the barrel that should prevent this from happening, and should you somehow manage it, it would no longer line up.

Take a look at this video, you'll see what I mean.

I have seen many people comment on the barrel moving. The guy in the video is not the only one.

https://youtu.be/rweO-OI4Xbk?t=3m14s

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:28 am 

rizaloo wrote:
lleader wrote:
rizaloo wrote:

Take a look at this video, you'll see what I mean.

I have seen many people comment on the barrel moving. The guy in the video is not the only one.

https://youtu.be/rweO-OI4Xbk?t=3m14s

Yeah, I see what you are referring to. But that little wiggle is a far way from 'spin'. The transfer port is metal, but each end is in a rubber o-ring gasket sort of thing so there is enough give to yield the wiggle, especially when combined with the flex in the two -piece plastic breech.