Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:37 pm 

Hey! New here. Graphic Designer by trade (hate it more and more each day) and I dabble in guitars. I've had a few BB guns growing up and found one of them in a box under the steps... brought back memories and I want to get back into simple target shooting/plinking again so I picked one up that I always liked. I was born and raised way north in Ontario where Air Gun laws weren't even a thought, with so much crown land at our disposal you just gad to grab your air gun and head for the trees or a sandpit. In Southwestern Ontario, everywhere you look seems like a "NOPE, can't play HERE!"... this is so not my backyard...

Years ago I moved "down south" and landed in London ON for college... well, I'm STILL here. I had a dirtbike and did the Motocross thing for a few years but tracks and trails and becoming quite scarce and having to drive so far, I sold it since it took too much time away from being home with my wife and new baby daughter.

I don't know where to fish nor do I know what waters to trust and I don't hunt... but I've got this Air Pistol I'd like to get out and hit targets with now and again!

So I'm looking around and all I find are Gun Clubs, but they charge out the @$$ for anyone to shoot in their ranges - which I get for actual firearms with live ammunition, but I can't justify those costs for shooting an Air Gun... at under 500fps no less...

If anybody knows good places near London Ontario to legally and safely fire off some BBs and Pellets, I'm all ears!

Oh and I've got a Smith & Wesson M&P 45 CO2 BB/Pellet and a Walther CP22 Compact BB - in case new forum members are supposed to list their Air Guns ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:06 pm 

Welcome to the forum.

There is a shoot once a month at the Hamilton Angling & Hunting Association. 1317 Alberton Rd S, Ancaster, ON L9G 4X2. The next shoot is on October 24th. PM topher1266 for more details. topic69630.html

I live in Ingersoll, not far from London and there isn't too much shooting going on in the London area.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:42 am 

Welcome Born705er. As a fellow Londoner I feel your pain. I pretty much limit my shooting to my basement. As for fishing, you'll not find anything around here that compares to your northern community. However, when I was younger I used to catch pickerel and bass in the Ausable River near Leury in North Middlesex. It's not that far and worth a drive to check it out.

Good luck.

Joe