Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:09 pm 

Just found this forum, thought I'd introduce myself.

I've been into PCP guns for a few years.

I have a Daystate Hunstman Classic and a FX Monsoon, both in .22 calibre with walnut stocks.

Also a Bauer 4500psi compressor with a couple of carbon fibre storage tanks.

(but may be looking to sell the Monsoon now that my kids have become more interested in rimfire rifles).

Russell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:15 pm 

Hi, Russell - welcome to the CAF!

Sounds like you are off to very good start.

Lots of members here from Alberta if you want to go and shoot with them.

:)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:27 pm 

Greetings!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:55 pm 

Welcome Russell.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:14 pm 

Welcome, Russell! That Monsoon is a sweet piece of kit; you must, without fail, attempt to persuade your kids to give it a chance -- 22 rimfires are a dime a dozen, and all they do is cost more to shoot, right? :ANAL: Well, if it must go, then please think of me when the time comes.

In the meantime, there's a bunch of us here in Edmonton trying to get EAGLE (Edmonton Air Gun LEague) off the ground (as all eagles should be :lol: ). Please drop me a line at the address below if you're interested in becoming a member of the league, or at least in hearing more about it. Thanks.

Murray

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:38 pm 

Welcome to the forum Russell!

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:47 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Welcome, Russell! That Monsoon is a sweet piece of kit; you must, without fail, attempt to persuade your kids to give it a chance -- 22 rimfires are a dime a dozen, and all they do is cost more to shoot, right? :ANAL: Well, if it must go, then please think of me when the time comes.

In the meantime, there's a bunch of us here in Edmonton trying to get EAGLE (Edmonton Air Gun LEague) off the ground (as all eagles should be :lol: ). Please drop me a line at the address below if you're interested in becoming a member of the league, or at least in hearing more about it. Thanks.

Murray

Thanks Murray! I'm actually a little south of Edmonton, just north of Wetaskiwin. I have some land near Wetaskiwin and more just west of Pigeon Lake if you guys need somewhere in the country to shoot (about 620 acres).

I haven't done a lot with my PCP guns. I bought them on a whim about 3 years ago and used them a lot at first, but I guess the novelty wore off. Haven't fired up the compressor in over a year and my big storage tank still has 4000psi left in it! But next time I take the boys out shooting I'll definitely take the air guns instead of the rimfire.

Russell

Attachment:
FullSizeRender 13.jpg
FullSizeRender 13.jpg [ 433.63 KiB | Viewed 1057 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:40 pm 

rcrawford wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:

Murray

Thanks Murray! I'm actually a little south of Edmonton, just north of Wetaskiwin. I have some land near Wetaskiwin and more just west of Pigeon Lake if you guys need somewhere in the country to shoot (about 620 acres).

I haven't done a lot with my PCP guns. I bought them on a whim about 3 years ago and used them a lot at first, but I guess the novelty wore off. Haven't fired up the compressor in over a year and my big storage tank still has 4000psi left in it! But next time I take the boys out shooting I'll definitely take the air guns instead of the rimfire.

Russell

Attachment:
FullSizeRender 13.jpg

Little beauties, both! If you bought those on a whim, perhaps you are better off remaining a virgin air gunner. :mrgreen: Man, I have no idea what you'd buy if you were really serious about it :lol:

Mmmmmmm, 620 acres, eh? Well, it would be a tight squeeeeze, but perhaps we could give it a try. :P . If you wouldn't mind PMing me an email address and/or a phone number, I'd love to talk further. I will, of course, reciprocate with the same, but, unfortunately, not with the 600+ acres :wink:

Murray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:22 pm 

Sent the PM with my info.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:13 pm 

Welcome to the forum
As Murray has stated - those are 2 very nice rifles
Lots of air gunners in the Edmonton area
Brian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:38 pm 

Welcome...
Such beauties you have there, love the Huntsman.
Wow 600 acres hope we could do a shoot there.
Elmer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:00 pm 

Welcome!

Murray is a great guy!

I am jealous of those two airguns!!! :oops:

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177