Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:44 am 

hey guys, has anybody had the problem like me, i bought a new makarov (made in russia, use .177 bb co2) 2015 version, each time when i shooting(i put 13 or 10 or 8 pellets), it comes a few bbs thought out the barrel, maybe 5 pellets maybe 3 pellets, at least, it comes two, i just had no ideal with this, i can't change the gun, because i brought from oversea, i beg the master can teach me the solution to fix this, :?: :?: :x :x

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:50 am 

gzytl wrote:
hey guys, has anybody had the problem like me, i bought a new makarov (made in russia, use .177 bb co2) 2015 version, each time when i shooting(i put 13 or 10 or 8 pellets), it comes a few bbs thought out the barrel, maybe 5 pellets maybe 3 pellets, at least, it comes two, i just had no ideal with this, i can't change the gun, because i brought from oversea, i beg the master can teach me the solution to fix this, :?: :?: :x :x

I'm not sure if the problem is that your pistol is shooting multiple bbs at once, or is intermittently shooting bbs.
In any case, I don't have a Makarov, but I have several similar pistols. Here are a few things to try:
1. Don't use Copperhead bbs - they are very rough and cause all sorts of problems
2. Field-strip the pistol (there are several videos on Youtube) and lubricate with Pellgun Oil.
3. Check for a bb lodged in the mechanisms - you may hear it rattling when you shake the pistol and it may come out during the field strip

John

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:37 am 

jfcooper wrote:
gzytl wrote:

I'm not sure if the problem is that your pistol is shooting multiple bbs at once, or is intermittently shooting bbs.
In any case, I don't have a Makarov, but I have several similar pistols. Here are a few things to try:
1. Don't use Copperhead bbs - they are very rough and cause all sorts of problems
2. Field-strip the pistol (there are several videos on Youtube) and lubricate with Pellgun Oil.
3. Check for a bb lodged in the mechanisms - you may hear it rattling when you shake the pistol and it may come out during the field strip

John

i tried,but still not working, still thanks for your helping

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:35 am 

gzytl wrote:
jfcooper wrote:
gzytl wrote:

John

i tried,but still not working, still thanks for your helping

You could also check the magazine:
The bb on the top of the mag should be directly in front of small cylinder that releases CO2.
As well, the spring of the magazine should move without sticking.
Note that the magazine does a lot of the work of firing the bb. Getting a replacement mag could fix the problem.

I assume that this is the Baikal Makarov - I have heard that these pistols need some breaking in time.

Also, perhaps the problem can be narrowed down with more info:
- are multiple bbs being shot at once?
- does it happen in both single and double action?
- does it happen if you point the pistol upward? downward?
- does it happen with a new CO2 cartridge or when the pressure drops off?
- Try with no CO2 cartridge and the pistol pointed down slightly - how many bbs roll out?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:29 pm 

Quote:
gzytl wrote

Your post is a bit incomprehensible. First, please confirm that you are indeed talking about the Baikal MP-654K Generation 5 pistol (Makarov) which I assume is correct. Second, please try to specify your problem(s) more clearly as jf cooper mentioned above.
I have two MP-654K, one is the 2009 model (Gen2) and the other one the 2013 model (Gen5) which is, most likely, nearly identical to your 2015 model. Read my review of the MP-654K Generation 5 here: topic58134.html and also this topic: topic69905.html
The MP-654K is built like a Russian tank. Full steel, only the bakelite grips. No plastic parts in it. I’m a bit surprised that you have shooting problems. The only part that is responsible for firing is the magazine. It holds the CO2 cartridge and BBs. All the valves are located in the magazine. There is nothing in the slide or frame of the pistol except the hammer and firing pin. The hammer strikes the firing pin which, in turn, strikes the valve pin in the magazine and the stream of gas pushes a BB into the barrel. So, if there is any problem then it must be resulting from a faulty magazine. Unfortunately, to get a spare mag for the Generation 5 in Canada is next to impossible. You should’ve brought one with you from Russia where you bought yours? Look more carefully into the mag, particularly, check the spring and BB follower. Also, check if the CO2 valve and release valve are properly tightened into the magazine frame.
The barrel is RIFLED so personally I use COPPER PLATED LEAD BALLS instead of steel BBs. People say that the steel BBs may wear the barrel rifling. That might be a bit of exaggeration but I paid quite a bit of money for my MP-654K in Canada and I want to keep it in the best shape possible.
If you try to write more clearly about your problem(s) then there could be a chance to find some remedy.
By the way, use a drop of Pellgunoil on the tip of each CO2 cartridge. That will keep the seals in a great shape.