Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:05 pm 

Im up for shooting anytime
I think Dorian shoots your Brocock more than you, he NEEDS one, although he made some nice groups with my 97 as well
Too bad we didn't have time to shot that 22 he brought, it looked awesome!!

Crosman 2240
Daisy 953
Ruger Green Mountain Laminate 10/22+Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO
1950 Russian SKS
Remington 783 30-06 Hawke Vantage 6-24x44 SF

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:05 pm 

Yes, I did hit my head but it was fairly gentle. What's my name again? :rolleyes: And before anyone else chips in - it was 3 feet from my brain anyway...

I will get kitted out soon. I liked that Brocock a lot but first choice is a springer and I really got on well with Mike's HW97, same group if not better as with the PCP. Ian's TX200 is quite something too. The only thing I am hesitant about is finding the under-levers fiddly to load (especially when you can't feel your fingers any more...) so at the moment I am thinking HW80 break-barrel. That one has a tad more power too. Decisions, decisions...

Mike - as soon as I get membership sorted you are first in the line to give the STG 44 a go once I have it sighted in. The open sights look pretty good but I have a rail to put on it some time and a simple compact 4x scope to start off with.

I already pm'd Chris yesterday - I am up for a cosy gathering in his garage or Len's back yard if the weather wants to cooperate too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:11 pm 

topher1266 wrote:
Maybe if the Butthead on the camera had helped it would have gone faster LOL, and it's all Tony's fault LOL. It was fun watching Dorian try so hard to untangle it, I was just going to cut it and tie it back together and still might as it still has the knot. Thanks for taking the time to snap some shots of today.

I obviously would have had it done in another 5 minutes but was just thinking you might like a nice project to keep you busy in front of the fire in the dark winter evenings...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:47 pm 

Funny Guy you are. No it's sitting here for the day you come over to shoot, you'll have to fix that first. LOL
Oh what fun we have, how are we going to have serious match after this ROFLMAO.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:56 pm 

DDTank, You may want to have a look at the Diana RWS 54. I's a side-cocking rifle and is suppose to be recoilless. Although it's "recoilless" I am not sure if just any scope can be used on it.

I think D&L Airgun in B.C has them in stock

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:12 pm 

Really enjoyed my first FT shoot at HAHA On Nov.21st.
Thxs to Chris for organizing the shoot, although you could have ordered a bit warmer weather!
Enjoyed the company of Chris, Len, Dorian, Tony (thxs for the very welcome pizza), Mike and Eric.
Some very nice hardware there with Tony's being the most eye catching.
Got to shoot Eric's HW100 (sub PAL) and I loved it-thxs Eric. What a nice gun and super trigger (nearly as nice as my Izzy's). LOL
Would have liked to try other rifles but I was too busy trying to knock down the 50 yard zombie and keep my fingers warm.
Thxs Mike and Eric for the pics of the shoot.
I'm up for any other fun shoots even in winter so keep the communications going.
Regards to all, Ian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:10 pm 

This shoot was a very enjoyable one, as they all are, and a most fitting way to close the season. You are all welcome, the Dominos' pizza was very good.
I was hoping that while Chris was eating he wouldn't be able to rib me. Oh, how wrong I was!! :axe:
Hoping,like you Ian, to be able to get a few more shooting days before it gets too cold and the field covered in the white stuff.
Ian, when we have another shoot you can try the FTP900 and let me know what you think of it. You can also try the marauder.
Chris thinks I should dump the P900 and stick with the marauder.

Tony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:18 pm 

Tony get rid of the can't hit crap FTP900. You are better and more comfortable with the Marauder and you can even beat me with that one remember. Hey would anyone be able to go shooting Friday after 11am I am free? You can come too Tony, only with the Marauder though. LOL
You know you are one of my favorite people to shoot with Tony it is always fun and special to have someone to share these shoots with.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:51 am 

Its only Wed and ive already got 30 hours so far :/, im definitely doing some powder burning this Sunday!!

Crosman 2240
Daisy 953
1950 Russian SKS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:50 pm 

Well Len was the only one to join me for some shooting today. It was cool we were the only two on the rifle range all afternoon. We decided to shoot our powder burners and got some good shooting in and had a blast, sorry for all who missed out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:20 pm 

I'm definitely heading to the range Sunday!!

Crosman 2240
Daisy 953
1950 Russian SKS