Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:17 pm 

except for the looks of the two guns are they exactly the same as the blackwater. I have the blackwater and love it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:31 pm 

pete wrote:
except for the looks of the two guns are they exactly the same as the blackwater. I have the blackwater and love it.

I can't realy feel any difference betwen these 2 (TW and BW) they give the same feeling in the hand's and are accurate enough to have fun :roll: :) :lol: :rolleyes: :twisted: ... :tonqe:

Glock G17 6mm
SW M'n'P 40, Crosman 357 6'', SA 1911 TRS
Brodax 44, M1911A1 twin barrel 6mm.
M1911 Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa6mm, M1911 twin Hi-Capa
H'n'K USP. DT4 Nemesis 6mm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:31 pm 

I do notice a slight difference between my Witness and Blackwater notwithstanding the different grips I also notice a different feel to the recoil. TW clanks and the BW thunks. Love them both though.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:06 pm 

Just using mine tonight... Really cant say enough good things about this pistol , for $98 its a ridiculous deal .

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:40 pm 

I was browsing www.camouflage.ca and came across this. Looks similar but there are some differences, anyone know if this is made by a different company? It is only $65.

http://www.camouflage.ca/tanfoglio_1911 ... l35802.htm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:16 pm 

I think I have seen it before, major diff. it's not blowback. :cry:

Glock G17 6mm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:28 pm 

and it look like plastic not "metal" like the one being previously discussed.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:00 am 

Most definitely this is not the same gun. If I'm not mistaken the Tanfoglio Wintness is a ™ held by Cybergun, whose manufacturer is KWC. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a knock-off (and a poor one) made in China.

Spend the extra $30 and buy the real thing for an incredible price. Were I in the collecting business, I'd buy 10 of them at that price and put them away. I'm not in that business and I have four of them, only one of which is in original condition. With those and most of the other variations, I have nine 1911s, and I still shudder at the thought of passing on this deal.

Newbies: a 1911 BB shooter on your list? Buy this one now. It's the one and only original, it's as close to the real thing as you are ever going to see, and the price is, indeed, ridiculous compared to what most of us paid for it. It will never go out of style.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:46 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Most definitely this is not the same gun. If I'm not mistaken the Tanfoglio Wintness is a ™ held by Cybergun, whose manufacturer is KWC. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a knock-off (and a poor one) made in China.

Spend the extra $30 and buy the real thing for an incredible price. Were I in the collecting business, I'd buy 10 of them at that price and put them away. I'm not in that business and I have four of them, only one of which is in original condition. With those and most of the other variations, I have nine 1911s, and I still shudder at the thought of passing on this deal.

Newbies: a 1911 BB shooter on your list (KWC that is)? Buy this one now. It's the one and only original, it's as close to the real thing as you are ever going to see, and the price is, indeed, ridiculous compared to what most of us paid for it. It will never go out of style.

Totaly agree on this... 8)

Glock G17 6mm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:31 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:

Newbies: a 1911 BB shooter on your list? Buy this one now. It's the one and only original, it's as close to the real thing as you are ever going to see, and the price is, indeed, ridiculous compared to what most of us paid for it. It will never go out of style.

A replica of a replica? What is this world coming to!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:34 pm 

Quote:
List Price: CDN$ 179.99
Price: CDN$ 118.79 & FREE Shipping. Details
You Save: CDN$ 61.20 (34%)

Still a good deal - just not quite as good as before...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:36 pm 
Supporting Member 2010

Pokerdogg wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:

A replica of a replica? What is this world coming to!
LOL, I hear the Chinese outsourced to the US to save some money...... :axe:

Im addicted to brake fluid..........but I can stop anytime....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:57 pm 

when is going back to 98CAD again? i have a colt wwII commemorative but want this 1911 again...........

Tanfoglio Witness
CK 92 Silver
CK 92 Black
Crosman GI 1911
Crosman C41
Crosman 357
Luger P.08 B'back
DW 2.5 Chrm
Makarov Ultr
CYMA 042S
HK MP5
Ryder A'Gun
Baikal A'Pistol
Scout Pellet Gun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:32 am 

spiderman6 wrote:
when is going back to 98CAD again? i have a colt wwII commemorative but want this 1911 again...........

just keep checking all the different places that sell them. it will go on sale again somewhere. guaranteed. ark army surplus had them on sale awhile ago. but that sale is finished.