Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:03 pm 

Hi everyone. Happy holidays.

I'm still in my rookie season of airgunning as a sport/recreational activity. A lot of awesome things have happened this year and I've had some very proud moments (shot a pellet through the opening of a Tic Tac container *the orange one* on my first try with a Crossman 1322, 3 pumps, under 3x magnification at 20 feet indoors) which is surely making airguns an integral part of my lifestyle.

So anyway, just like the title says I'd love to read your stories on What Is Your Proudest Airgunning Moment In 2015? *be humble or blow us away with your boasting -it'll be a great read!

Thanks,
UncleBC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:25 pm 

Oddly enough it's simply that I managed to completely dismantle, clean, lube, repair a seal and reassemble my HW-30S. First time I've ever taken an air gun apart and I found the process quite satisfying. I learned a lot and it's shooting great once more! My marksmanship has been stuck at a mediocre level for quite some time now due to lack of practice so I haven't done anything there that I'm too proud of lately!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:22 am 

Designing the bullet that won the 2015 Extreme Benchrest 200 yard Pro Division.... the 200 gr. Whiteout .308 cal Bob's Boattail....

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:01 am 

A very successful GTAC Field Day at he farm.
Thanks everyone who came.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:03 am 

Nowhere, I did a few firsts like you and felt great achievement when I got my gun together and not only did it shoot, it shot more smoothly.

Participated in the UBC online competition and managed to improve each week.

Beeman P-17
Hatsan Mod 25
Umarex Beretta PX-4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:33 am 

Being able to find what ever little time I have to make it out to GTAC events. Nothing beats talking and shooting airguns with friends.

A huge thanks to Murray, Anthony, and the rest of the execs for keeping the club going.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:40 am 

Coyote with .22 Air Ranger.

Attachments:
photo 3-2.JPG
photo 3-2.JPG [ 107.03 KiB | Viewed 868 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:44 pm 

Bought dad an air gun for his birthday this year. Best moment for me was when he rattled his first can at 50 yards and saw him grin like he was 12.

Bunch of cheap BB guns
Bunch of cheap pellet guns
Bunch of cheap pellet rifles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:15 pm 

Mine would be Moments.
Starting with the Thank You recieved from the custom parts, to repairs and tunings from airgun enthusists here and abroad.
Building 2 custom Big Bore Hand Cannons fir a Canadian member of the CAF.
Putting thru over 40lbs of lead personaly from my big bore rifles this year.
Teaching my dad how to spank soup cans out at 186yrds with my 9mm Condor. He bought me my first air rifle and taught me how to shoot. That in itself is a proud moment.
All in all another great year within this hobby we all share.

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:01 pm 

Wow, these are really nice to read.

I think the selfless acts; designing a winning bullet, sharing the airgun experience with friends, getting a father smile knowing he still has the skills -these are the kinds of stories that don't get enough attention out in the real world, y'know? Great stories. Hope they keep coming.

And this isn't taking away from the guy who wrote about taking apart his gun and putting it back together -that's on my list of goals for 2016 on the Crosman 1322. I don't think I'd do that with the HW77K. That took some sacrifices to save up enough money to buy (and that was a proud moment, too!) I'd hate to ruin that beast by doing something silly like trying to take the rifle apart... maybe in 2017 haha...

UncleBC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:58 am 

...Well, I usually compete against myself 'till I'm satisfied I'm winning.....but.....to-day I shot a very big rat at the bird feeder just outside my kitchen window. It was about a 10 ft shot with my old trusty 38T ... that's the 4th one this month in almost the same place, but this was by far the biggest ever.....Made me proud as my wife looked on, what a 35th anniversary moment.....Now she understands why I spend so much time shooting small targets ........ And a Merry Christmas to everyone .... (ps, I also ordered the last M92FS from SSSO, so all in all a great day )

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:24 am 

Been trying to think of a particularly proud 'moment' with my own airgunning and modding in the past year, but nothing really came to mind as particularly proud. Some fun, sure, and a general sense of having made progress in my understanding of PCP tuning. My QB78 build is coming together nicely. Having only turned to rifle shooting in any serious way in the past year I suppose my off-hand shooting is improving well and that's cool...

But my proudest moment? Watching my 9 year old son finally get to put his custom IZH-61 to work at Mission and knock some empty CO2 bulbs further and further out from the rainy day archery shed, even hitting them the odd time at 20 metres. Reminded me of what a good shot I was by his age, and how I should have kept at it instead of taking a 35 year break from airguns. I was proud of my son in yet another context and that felt pretty darn good.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:04 am 

I lent my Daisy 880 to a long-time airgunning friend who had never shot one in the thirty years he has been an airgunner. (880s are pretty much unavailable in Canada) Now he's hooked. He bought one and has modded the heck out of it. He says he can shoot it as well as his rifle that cost 10X as much. (The Daisy cost $40.)
That cheap little Daisy rekindled his passion.

I'm not multitasking. I'm doing something else until I remember what I was doing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:56 pm 

55 yard gopher with a .177 HW97 Blackline.

PS- might have been 2014 lol