Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: WCFT December 27th
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:08 pm 

Hi guys
I know we don't have a shoot this month.

I'll be on the range When Sunday comes around.

I'll bring some targets even if we are stuck under the shed. Come rain or shine, see you guys Sunday.

Oh, Merry Christmas

Biagio

Post subject: Re: WCFT December 27th
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:22 pm 

I might join you, won't know for sure till the morning though

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:46 pm 

Will try to be there around 10:30

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:03 pm 

It is snowing hard in Abby,yuo should be in a blizzard today,have fun..kelly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:09 pm 

It's was snowing pretty heavy! We had a good shoot though :) Shame there's not a wood burner at the archery range

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:58 pm 

I bet a twig stove would help a bit, for warming hands now and then between shots. There are a lot of video tutorials on Youtube showing how to make various models. I chickened out and bought a Biolite for camping as it has a fan for more efficient combustion and a dynamo running off the fan to charge a battery, which is ready for the next use to start the fan going as well as for minor cellphone charging while away from power. Nice little package, great for hand warming and cooks stuff really surprisingly quickly from a cold start.

Told my son this morning you guys were going shooting in the snow. JEALOUS he was! But he's got a flu, stuck at home, dang it. Hope someone built mini snowmen or something else to plink at!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:49 am 

Not many snowmen got shot today, mostly tin cans and Brendan's targets:) . I might head out again this week if anyone's interested? Possibly Wednesday.
Those biolite stoves are really nice, been considering getting one actually, could come in useful!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:15 am 

Well that's alright, Brendan builds some really nice targets.

If you're considering a Biolite, just know that the charging function is not amazingly efficient. Has to be a fairly roaring twig fire to keep current flowing to a phone. I managed to add about 25% to the charge of a smartphone battery during cooking of lunch for four... plus coffee... plus about another half hour of sitting there dropping in twigs. Total mass of twigs wasn't more than a couple of kilos, if that, as it's really amazingly efficient, making very little smoke and leaving very little ash. But still not amazing for charging. A folding solar charger for about the same price does a better job, at least when there's sun. But of course the solar charge panels won't cook lunch.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:15 pm 

I ended up getting a lixada wood gasification stove, $30..will try it out next time I go to the range. :)
Is anyone going to shoot this Sunday?