Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Air gun law in BC
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:04 am 

Hi i m from vancouver BC.I own a sig sauer p226 x5 bb full metal blowback and also a Beretta px4 storm bb and pellet. Because i m new so right now i m still confused about bb pellet gun law in bc. I m so happy if some one can give me more details about that.thanks

Post subject: Re: Air gun law in BC
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:39 am 

Which part of the law? BC law doesn't really matter if you're in Vancouver, as there's a city bylaw forbidding discharge of any weapon, even archery or slingshots, within city limits. If you're shooting inside your house in a manner which provides protection against harming anyone else in your home or outside it then there should be no problem, as no one outside would hear such an airgun and the authorities wouldn't really worry about such use. But go into your back yard and shoot, or even get seen carrying it, and expect an emergency response team or at least a not so friendly visit from the police.

As for shooting outside Vancouver, that's still somewhat difficult. I haven't found any place nearby where I can shoot. Once a month for 10 months of the year there are field target gatherings at the archery range of the Mission Rod & Gun Club. Bit of a drive. But it's great fun and great to blow off a bit of steam shooting for a few hours on the last Sunday of the month. Not really suitable for BB pistols though. More a rifle or target pistol sort of thing. The 10 metre club in Richmond is no better for your pistol as BB guns are forbidden. Ricochets come right back from the steel plates or from the plywood backstops and hit the shooters. Can't have that. Multi-shot pellet guns are also forbidden, strictly one shot loaded in the weapon at a time.

I'd suggest looking around the RCMP and BC government websites for PDF files showing areas where it's okay to shoot. Most of what's available online has to do with hunting, not recreational BB or pellet gun shooting. There are very few spots within short drives of Vancouver. Nothing in North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Richmond, any suburb really. There was apparently a clearcut up near Furry Creek but that's now become an active logging site and no longer accessible for shooters.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:03 am 

Thanks. I go to my friend house he has a large garage and we have some fun there but what happen if the police stop me when i m on my way home with my two pellet and bb pistols in the trunk of my car.let say just a routine check or drinking driving check point.what will happen to me if they ask me any thing illegal any weapon..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:16 am 

From what you have described, your airguns are not illegal in Canada. You would tell the officer that you had some airguns in the trunk, non-PAL by the sounds of it. They don't shoot normal lead pellets over 499 feet per second do they? Sound to me like the sort of pistols one can buy at Canadian tire if over 18. Is that about right?

In general, if you do stupid things like waving your airguns around in public, threatening others with them, shooting at pets, breaking windows and all the other stupid things some kids do with them, you will be asking for a LOT of trouble as an airgun is treated just the same as a firearm when used in such ways. But follow the law and there's no reason you should be in any trouble. Tucking one into your belt then going for a bus ride would be another example of a bad, very bad idea...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:56 am 

Thank you very much hope to see you again in another topic