Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:09 pm 

Does anyone have a better way to secure the stock to air tube on a Disco?

that scew that allows the stock to bolt to strips at the air tube after a while.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:31 am 

joed66 wrote:
Does anyone have a better way to secure the stock to air tube on a Disco?

that scew that allows the stock to bolt to strips at the air tube after a while.

I initially re-threaded it for 1/4"x28 but that bolt did the exact same thing as the original. So I did the below modification. Might be hard to comprehend without pics, but here it goes.

With the valve out of the gun I drilled the screw hole in tube to 1/4" (I think I had to also enlarge the hole in stock but can't remember). I then took a 1/4" x28 (fine thread) nut and filed the edges so that it fit into the groove in valve (The groove cut for clearance of the original screw).
I then put the valve into the tube with the nut on the bottom side. (Holding tube to that it is horizontal with transfer port pointing up.)
Once the valve was in place a little giggling of the tube and the nut inside was lined up with hole that I drilled. I found it easiest to hold tube over my head and look up at it.
I then used a short 1/4"x28 flat head countersunk bolt and attached the stock. Of course you will need to hold the gun so that the barrel is level with ground and stick in underneath. Inserting the bolt from the "bottom". If you turn it so barrel in underneath the nut will likely rotate around the valve and be on the other side.
Just be sure that the bolt is just long enough to thread all the way into the nut, but does not extend beyond the nut and into the valve. Basically it should be about the same length as the stock screw, but might be just a tad longer.

I wish I had thought to take pics when I did this.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:25 am 

Thanks for the info!