Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Feinwerkbau repair
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:32 pm 

Hi All,
I have a Feinwerkbau spring rifle that is at least 30 years old, been bumped around the family (never shot other than when it was first purchased) and now back in my hands.
I remember it being quite "hot", so am pretty sure its over 500fps, PAL is not a problem though. Having sat in a case for the last couple of decades I am sure it needs some attention. Any ideas on where I could send to get it a once over and new seals etc?
Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Feinwerkbau repair
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:05 pm 

Do you have a model number? There are parts available in Canada for some models. See Nikonnos on ebay http://stores.ebay.ca/Olympic-Marksman- ... 34.c0.m322
See also Air Rifle Headquarters http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/pag ... 251483.htm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:24 pm 

My FWB300S was repaired expertly by Len, "Suprmatic" here in CAF. He is also known as Leonardj in Canadiangunnutz.

He is knowledgeable, skilled and truly helpful. His charges for parts and labor are extremely reasonable.

Great gentleman to deal with.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:05 pm 

You can contact Len at webleyguy@gmail.com.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:19 pm 

Maybe a model 124 or similar? The 124 was super popular. Either way the main seal has crumbled, but the good news is new better ones are available, like this http://tinyurl.com/ohnvroj which will also fit some/most other models.
The guns are super easy to take apart and replace the seal.
The breech seal O-ring will need replacing too, but I don't know anyone that might have them in stock. It's probably German metric but an AS568-111 is pretty close, which I'd get in buna 70.
airrifleheadquarters.com may have both the main and breech seal, but they don't usually answer questions/emails so good luck.
Not too many places work on springer airguns so usually it involves shipping both ways + labor which can get ridiculous. So attached is a parts diagram fyi in case you want to give it a try yourself. Using nothing more than two screwdrivers and a small adjustable wrench I can have the gun apart and seal out in under 5 min, so not hard. Some cleaning and fresh grease and you should be good to go. If you have problems I can assist via here or email. I can also suggest some mods to make the gun last longer, repair any damage it may have, make more power if interested, and make it quieter and smoother shooting.

Attachments:
FWB 124.jpg
FWB 124.jpg [ 172.25 KiB | Viewed 832 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:49 am 

Red Ryder wrote:
You can contact Len at webleyguy@gmail.com.

Len is the gentleman for eastern Canada to sort and tune these guns out.
Chevota as to your manner of repair techniques the thought.pattern of safety comes to mind. Maybe the right tool for the job? Bringing forth some members concerns expressed in PMs.
Regards.

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:10 am 

Here are a couple of pictorials on tearing down a FWB 124.

http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com/2 ... build.html

http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com/2 ... ld_30.html

I used these to do mine and it was quite easy. Hope it helps.

"You repair things with tools, you fix things with a hammer, if you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem !"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:05 am 

Jim Macarri has the piston seal and breech seal and a new spring too...you should have a spring compressor if you do the job...Where are you located?....KEN.