Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: HiPac Safety Admission
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:04 pm 

Finally, after several months, a back-handed announcement from "Rodent's Rapture" (maker of the HiPacs) on the HiPac Owners Forum....

http://www.network54.com/Forum/665650/m ... e+website-

From that link....
Quote:
Apparently my machinist drilled a lot of them (extensions) with a bigger bore than the design which thinned the o-ring channel. As you read you'll hear what you hear, so for comfort sake here it is. The o-ring channel OD 0.672". ID is 0.578" for a grand difference of 0.094" or .047 wall thickness, which ain't a problem, as the AG gods profess their expertise in all things AG related. Funny that nobody"s asked to return them. Go figure.

I don't know why the Forums should have to do the Rat's work for him.... but this appears to be an admission that some HiPac Extensions have a wall thickness under the O-ring groove less than 0.047", which "ain't a problem", according to the manufacturer.... SOOOOOOOOOOOO.... now we have an "official" tolerance, below which it appears that you should return your HiPac Extension, as suggested above....

As to the comment that "Funny that nobody's asked to return them. Go Figure.".... perhaps if there had been an admission that there was indeed a problem with some Extensions instead of months of denial.... we could have laid this matter to rest a LOONNNGGGG time ago.... JMO.... In any case, if you missed it.... I repeat what I read from the above, from the Rat's Forum....

IF YOUR HIPAC EXTENSION MEASURES LESS THAN A 0.047" WALL THICKNESS.... A TOTAL OF 0.094" DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE BOTTOM DIAMETER OF THE O-RING GROOVE AND THE ID OF THE TUBE.... RETURN IT TO THE MANUFACTURER FOR A REPLACEMENT !!!

As an aside, I tried going to the HiPac website.... http://www.powermax-hipac.com/ ..... It appears to have disappeared.... Does anyone know if they have gone out of business?....

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:30 pm 

rsterne wrote:
As an aside, I tried going to the HiPac website.... http://www.powermax-hipac.com/ ..... It appears to have disappeared.... Does anyone know if they have gone out of business?....

http://www.powermaxhipac.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:30 pm 

Just another of the hundreds of quotes from Alex (no idea of his last name, and his domain registration is listed as 'private' out of Scottsdale, Arizona) proving yet again that he's a rude fellow with little connection to reality and a giant ego. An honest distributor of such a potentially dangerous product would issue a recall, at minimum contacting his entire customer database by email with a recommendation to dismantle and measure these tubes. But this guy doesn't even tell us what steel his machinist is using. Though mine measures on the high side, I've decided not to fill above about 2,200psi just to play it safe.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:43 pm 

Thanks for the new website link.... On the HiPac page.... http://www.powermaxhipac.com/5--hipac-s.html

you will find this statement....
Quote:
2240/2250 Only

New parts with ​smaller bore/thicker wall

Due to manufacturing error all other HiPAC models are discontinued until further notice.

So it appears the thin wall does not just impact the Extensions.... but not having ever used a HiPac I will leave it to those who have to determine if there is a safety issue....

Bob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:34 am 

rsterne wrote:
Thanks for the new website link....

Happy to help The Master but as everything has a price, for you, it will "just" be an Uber Pumper. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:51 pm 

The silly part is, that I copy-pasted the one with the hyphen from Alex's own post on Feb. 24, in his own Forum.... :lol:

Bob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:18 pm 

rsterne wrote:
The silly part is, that I copy-pasted the one with the hyphen from Alex's own post on Feb. 24, in his own Forum.... :lol:

It's his forum signature. He owns the forum, is the sole administrator. Can't be bothered to put a working website address in his own forum signature, so the wrong web address (now defunct and available for purchase apparently) appears on every single post he contributes. Including the top sticky post saying 'read this first.' You'd think he'd be interested in sending people to the right website...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:58 pm 

Just out of curiosity I measured mine OD 0.684 ID 0.620 = 0.064 difference.

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently talented fool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:04 pm 

They changed the address of their website again:
http://www.buyhipac.com