Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:52 pm 

The metal bar is holding everything back - it won't allow the hammer to rest against the safety...or allow the hammer to go any farther forward than where the bar is fixed in place...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:57 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
What does your seller have to say about this phenomenon?

He says that he test fired it before shipping it out to me.

As a long time member here; I believe him.

PLUS this pistol was designed and built by one of our best and most trusted air gun designers/builders here (still waiting for him to read my PM sent).

A really puzzling situation (I have owned and fired many 357s before - never a problem like this one...)

:? :|

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:04 pm 

OK. There is something wrong in there (but you knew that , right? :wink: ). Even if I keep the trigger back after firing the gun, which keeps my bar up on the valve pin, the hammer is still forward enough to rest against the safety if I switch it on.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:06 pm 

lleader wrote:
OK. There is something wrong in there (but you knew that , right? :wink: ). Even if I keep the trigger back after firing the gun, which keeps my bar up on the valve pin, the hammer is still forward enough to rest against the safety if I switch it on.

That's for sure!

Just hoping that someone here had run into a similar problem and had a solution.

Will have to wait now to hear back from the designer; I guess...

:|

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:28 pm 

Has been a while since I've been inside mine...but IIRC...that transfer bar is linked to the trigger blade piece...pulling trigger raises the bar into position between the hammer and valve stem.

If it's staying "up"...something is either broken...or assembled wrong.

In any event...has nothing to do with anyone outside yourself and the seller IMO, but would sure like to know "how" someone here "designed and built" it. :lol:

Al

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:37 pm 

Gippeto wrote:
Has been a while since I've been inside mine...but IIRC...that transfer bar is linked to the trigger blade piece...pulling trigger raises the bar into position between the hammer and valve stem.

If it's staying "up"...something is either broken...or assembled wrong.

In any event...has nothing to do with anyone outside yourself and the seller IMO, but would sure like to know "how" someone here "designed and built" it. :lol:

Al

X2. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:53 pm 

Doug who worked on that one...?
it looks to me like the little peace that sits behind the trigger is not in its proper location...or the trigger itself was not put in properly
can you cock the trigger with no problem..?
take a look at this pic the circled section just behind the trigger...I think this might be your problem, but this is just a guess without seeing it in person..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:08 pm 

Yes, the hammer moves with no problems.

Still waiting for the builder to get my PM and answer.

Will let you know who it is as soon as he reads it.

Worked when the Seller sent it to me (says he); wouldn't work as soon as it got here (big trip from Edmonton to Kelowna).

BTW - how difficult is it to remove that side plate?

Just take off the 3 screws - and it comes off with nothing falling out or springs flying off...?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:31 pm 

side plate comes off pretty easy, if you attempt it just be carful and pull it straight up
if none of the pins come up with the plate upon removal then everything should stay in place...
you might want to place your finger on the safety bar while at the same time as pulling up on the plate,
sometimes the safety bar will try to come up with the plate.... :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:46 pm 

Well - she's all in pieces now... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Pics:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:49 pm 

wllm995 wrote:

Worked when the Seller sent it to me (says he); wouldn't work as soon as it got here (big trip from Edmonton to Kelowna).

Just take off the 3 screws - and it comes off with nothing falling out or springs flying off...?

Play fair, Doug; this is slowly working into another blame-game thread. If you refuse to stand by and wait to resolve the issue with the seller, as a few of us have suggested, then either call the person out or keep silent - no inferences. Make this either a please help me fix this thread or another blame-game thread, just so we understand the purpose.

I am from Edmonton, and I did not sell this gun to Doug.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:56 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
wllm995 wrote:

Play fair, Doug; this is slowly working into another blame-game thread. If you refuse to stand by and wait to resolve the issue with the seller, as a few of us have suggested, then either call the person out or keep silent - no inferences. Make this either a please help me fix this thread or another blame-game thread, just so we understand the purpose.

I am giving the benefit of the doubt to the Seller.

I have bought and sold to him before with NO problems.

I have already emailed him about the issue - and he has replied that he is looking into the problem.

I will NOT give out any names until I am satisfied that all solutions have been explored.

Edmonton is a very large city with lots and lots and members here - so CHILL OUT.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:04 am 

wllm995 wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:
wllm995 wrote:

I am giving the benefit of the doubt to the Seller.

I have bought and sold to him before with NO problems.

I have already emailed him about the issue - and he has replied that he is looking into the problem.

I will NOT give out any names until I am satisfied that all solutions have been explored.

Edmonton is a very large city with lots and lots and members here - so CHILL OUT.

Will do, bud. You too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:29 am 

lol...what happened Doug I said slow.... :roll:
and im going to take a guess that the co2 cart was empty lol...

what id like to know is what the hell is this...is it part of the thin tube, hard to tell from the pic
if this was there when you opened it up its definitely stopping the hammer from going all the way forward

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:43 am 

:?