Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:56 pm 

Hey Aged, what is the ft/lb your gun is putting out? It needs to be under 20 ft/lbs. I have several tubes for the AT, I will bring them and my crono. Or I can/am bringing several guns with me so if we can't get it to where it needs to be you can use one of mine.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:03 pm 

As far as rules, we will try to stick to FT rules set by CAFTA but with such an assortment of unknowns please bear with me. Sub-pal can do quite well but we are looking at keeping their distances to 35 yards but I will warn you guys I still plan to make it a challenge so look for those smaller hit zones [Insert evil laugh].

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:14 am 

Hey topher, I did modify the at44 to shoot over 40fpe but use drilled out set screws to restrict air flow and lower power.
I might be able to tune it to shoot 10.5gr pellets at about 925fps which is around 20fpe. But yeah if you can bring tubes with different size valve stems that would work and I'll bring different weight pellets.
What can I bring to help out like targets, stakes, stapler, etc.

--Ed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:18 pm 

DDtank wrote:
I will probably be along to spectate or practice. Was there yesterday; still breaking in the new rifle and have narrowed down to two the pellets it seems to like so have ordered a couple of packs of each to progress further with setting the scope up.

If anyone has a spare, new tin of:
.22 H&N Field Target (16.36 gr)
or
.22 JSB Diabolo Exact Jumbo Heavy (18.1 grains)
...maybe I could "borrow" (have!) it please and I will replace it next time we get together...? Just a thought...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:45 pm 

Anyone coming, if you have any of the Gamo resettable targets it would be great, as I only have 17 or so. I do also have 5 of those Zombie shoot the top and reset by shooting the bottom. I may use them for the sub 500 guys. Bring more people, the wife, kids, friends I want to get these shoots off the ground.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:57 pm 

topher1266 wrote:
Anyone coming, if you have any of the Gamo resettable targets it would be great, as I only have 17 or so. I do also have 5 of those Zombie shoot the top and reset by shooting the bottom. I may use them for the sub 500 guys. Bring more people, the wife, kids, friends I want to get these shoots off the ground.

leave the wife or girl friend at home unless you want Topher hitting on them j/k. :)

I have one rabbit field target I can bring. will try and order more if we do this regularly. I will come early to help setup. What time will you be at the club?

AA S400SL FT .177 Bushnell 8-32x40
AA TX200 Walnut .177 12FPE Hawke Airmax SF 6-24x56
Beeman P17

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:24 pm 

I am trying for 8:30am, but I have a lot to load up and not sure about help. Also if anyone can get a bunch of small bills [10's and 5's] I would appreciate it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:52 pm 

good times guys.

question can someone tell me Brian's username on her. I want to know what oil he used on his tx200 walnut. thx

Beeman P17

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:23 pm 

hey Rodney ....what no pics.... :(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:43 pm 

to busy shooting and eating pizza lol

Beeman P17

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:14 pm 

:shock: :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:15 pm 

Thanks Chris,

Had a great day, will definitely get into this $$addiction$$.

Great bunch of guys, thanks for your patience, now I have to practice.

Geoff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:51 am 

Even though I had to leave early I really enjoyed the event. I learned a lot being my first time, like having your scope somewhat zeroed in and a scuba tank is the way to go with a pcp. I'll pick up a couple of those gamo targets and help Eric set up next time. Thanks Eric.
I'm also interested in the bench rest events I've read about. Does FT matches always follow cafta rules or can we do one
with the Canadian bench rest rules?
Thanks Chris,
--Ed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:51 am 

Great Event Chris! It was nice to see so many new shooters attend yesterday and all involved made them feel welcome. Looking forward to next months event.

Rodney - sent you a PM yesterday on the FTC site re: stock treatment.

Brian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:33 pm 

I am glad everyone had a good time, again Eric jumped rite in to setup along with Len and others. there is an indoor shoot at the Burlington club on the 10th of April then I am trying to have another shoot on the 16th just waiting for conformation from the club. Thanks to Tony again for the pizza.

Last edited by topher1266 on Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.