Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Hi I'm Robert
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:40 pm 
Hi my name is Robert,
I'm former Infantry, Ive been shooting for over 15 years, but not new to airguns.

I mainly shoot restricted handguns, 22LR, centerfire. But I got a couple airguns for rainy day plinking. I like the 1377/22XX series because there is tones of mod for them. I currently got a 1377, It's got the anti walk pin, trigger been shimmed, lighter spring and guide, heavier hammer spring with guide, 2289 fat handle.

But I'm getting bored of pumping it so I'm thinking of converting it to C02, also install steel breech kit and LPA rear sight. Since I don't enjoy the factory rear sights on the 13xx series. I normally shoot 10 x4 with my 22LR at 25M and with the factory crosman rear sight I barely can focus.

I had another 1377 that I put the steel breech kit, flat top piston/valve, turned the probe, transfer port mod, trigger and other mods. I made 708 FPS on the chrony but I didnt want to register it as a restricted so I parted it out, I also blew up the valve trying to push more from it.

Figure say Hi and try to grab some parts for my project. I bet I be able to find them here than a firearm forum.

Post subject: Re: Hi I'm Robert
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:20 pm 

Welcome to CAF! If you have questions about airguns, someone here will be able to help.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:39 pm 

Welcome aboard Robert!! You've come to the right place to glean info on your favorite toys. The members on this forum are very helpful. If you have any questions, just fire away!! lol.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:47 pm 
Penage Guy wrote:
Welcome to CAF! If you have questions about airguns, someone here will be able to help.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:27 pm 

Welcome to the forum. Sound like you rolled up your sleeves and got to moding right away. We like pictures!

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:54 pm 
Plinkercases wrote:
Welcome to the forum. Sound like you rolled up your sleeves and got to moding right away. We like pictures!

Well I ended up buying a new model 1377 that came with a different pump. Well I knew from previous experience AKA the hand pincher. I remember that I had a crosman 2289 and had that fat grip that was better. I think I would enjoy it much better if I didn't have to pump. So figure I mod it to C02.

So I'm just trying to weigh out if it would cheaper to buy a whole another 2240 for parts or piece together all new. SO far I'm at 63$ before shipping for the parts.

Maintube,
Striker ( not sure if the 1377 the same as 2240 ) If it is I can save 12$
Barrel Band,
Front Sight,
Valve Assembly,
Screw,
Knob piercer.

So looks like whole gun.

I enjoy 177 over 22 because I'm not hunting so I don't need that extra energy. I got 22LR for that. Sorry won't have as fancy as some here. I prefer my burners too much.

Just sucks Canada law about restricted if a 1377/2240 is over 500 FPS. I don't feel like registering a airgun, Even though I have my RPAL but still..Putting a 2260 tube on it so it classed a rifle defeats the purpose of a handgun.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:51 am 

Welcome aboard Robert. Your interest in 2240,s could be costly. Even if you wanted to, you can't register it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:09 am 
joe hickey wrote:
Welcome aboard Robert. Your interest in 2240,s could be costly. Even if you wanted to, you can't register it.

Why you say that? You cannot register it?

I don't fully understand this airgun required license.. I know rifles over 500 you need a PAL, but when it comes to pistols. Thats whats grey to me.

Some say I just need a RPAL and than get a ATT to take it to the range.Well ATT are now part of your license. But I'm sure they would need to be registered.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:31 am 

It is a grey area for me as well, but the way I understand it, is, the 2240 is not listed in the database as an rpal gun, therefore there would be a load of paperwork to have it listed. Applications and possibly detailed schematics would have to be sent to the RCMP and on to the government for approval, like all the requirements of a new type of gun on the market. However, I could be wrong. Even if you were able to get it registered, you are then totally restricted to is use. IE registered ranges only.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:38 am 
joe hickey wrote:
It is a grey area for me as well, but the way I understand it, is, the 2240 is not listed in the database as an rpal gun, therefore there would be a load of paperwork to have it listed. Applications and possibly detailed schematics would have to be sent to the RCMP and on to the government for approval, like all the requirements of a new type of gun on the market. However, I could be wrong. Even if you were able to get it registered, you are then totally restricted to is use. IE registered ranges only.

Thanks, guess I'll leave it at that. Since I just got my knuckles slapped for trying to understand.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:49 am 

The owners of this forum are very strict when it comes to it,s allowable content. Thats what I like and admire about this forum. We are a community that cares about the safety and welfare or other,s. The warnings expressed by the moderators and fellow members, is genuinely intended for your own good. The 2240 is probably one of or "is"the most modable air gun in the world, and making it much "more" powerful than stock, is much easier than keeping it within legal limits.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:58 am 
This is my 22ft setup ( 7M ) . I since upgraded to a actual pellet trap. I put up a board to stop oops. But I don't miss that much.

I shoot down the hallway and I can push 32 feet ( 10M ) Pistol but not with rifle due to massive cabinet I cannot lay down properly.