Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:38 pm 

joe hickey wrote:
Nice to see you taking the plunge and rebuilding the gun. You will learn more about it that way. The down side of course, is that you " will " become addicted to the 2240 and potential mod,s.

Oh I like to think I'm well aware of the perils of the 2240 and how it can greatly contribute to a ruined marriage. Been hanging around you maniacs long enough to realize that there are two distinct addictions: that of airguns and an even greater one when one of the toys is a 2240. Why do u think it took me this long to get one?

Seen some amazing works of art from some very creative (and deep-pocketed) modders, the kind that made me drool. But thankfully I consider myself a purist and hope I can rely on that to enjoy the 2240 for its simplistic nature, in its naked form.

Or so says someone who doesn't know what's he's in for.

Last edited by Joolz on Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:15 pm 

them hickey stocks are great start to customizing :twisted: i could just imagine how great they feel to hold aswell! may eventually own one some day... wishes :drinkers:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:19 am 

RobertMcC wrote:
Hacked2Pieces wrote:
joe hickey wrote:
Nice to see you taking the plunge and rebuilding the gun. You will learn more about it that way. The down side of course, is that you " will " become addicted to the 2240 and potential mod,s.

X2!!! sadly i dont think they rehab for our addiction 8) lol

Just this week I got parts from Kim ( making a home made 1740 ) ordered a RVA and some parts to complete a project,Bought some airgun mounts, made a new range, upgraded my trap, bought a new Chrony and buying a 22 cal pellet gun. I just joined less than a week ago. Where to I sign up for this Airgun Addictions?

As of late, there is no treatment or therapy class available. Seem,s most addict,s don't want to be helped,,,,,,,, unless it,s it,s for a "fix".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:47 pm 
I got my package from Kim. It came with a extra rear sight and a set of grips. I don't need this for my build. So if you are still missing parts let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:01 pm 

Thanks for the offer, Robert. I'm awaiting to see what will be needed once I receive the parts from Hacked2Pieces. I told him not to bother with the grips cause it's a bit of a hassle to ship (he'd have to find a box instead of a simple envelope). Besides the stock grips are so common that I'd think I should be able to land these locally. After all no respectable 2240 owner uses anything stock, it seems.
Is this Kim by any chance Whitewolf? If so he had offered me his grips. Would be funny if it made its way back to me, after travelling from AB to Ont and back to AB.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:19 pm 
Joolz wrote:
Thanks for the offer, Robert. I'm awaiting to see what will be needed once I receive the parts from Hacked2Pieces. I told him not to bother with the grips cause it's a bit of a hassle to ship (he'd have to find a box instead of a simple envelope). Besides the stock grips are so common that I'd think I should be able to land these locally. After all no respectable 2240 owner uses anything stock, it seems.
Is this Kim by any chance Whitewolf? If so he had offered me his grips. Would be funny if it made its way back to me, after travelling from AB to Ont and back to AB.

More like AB to NS, to AB... I live in Nova Scotia BTW.

Yup Whitewolf. The grips taped to a piece of cardboard still falls under a oversize letter and be no more than 2.80$ to ship. Being that's its less than .80" thickness. Shipping the grips won't be an issue. I ship gun parts all the time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:03 pm 

Just saw the pic of the grips Kim sent you from your 1740 thread. Yep, looks good. Wonder if these were the same he had offered to send me a couple of weeks back? Anyhow, since you're offering to send them on a trip cross country back to AB, I may just take you up on it. I thought these were much thicker than they are, hadn't realize they'd fit in an envelope that can be dropped off anywhere. So far no one in town has offered their stock grips, so might as well bug you for them. Just want to wait till I assemble the gun once the parts H2P sent me arrive, in case there's something else needed that you could add to the envelope. Thanks.

PS: just finished painting the 2240, those black grips ought to look great in it. Or am I getting brown ones? :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:27 pm 
Joolz wrote:
Just saw the pic of the grips Kim sent you from your 1740 thread. Yep, looks good. Wonder if these were the same he had offered to send me a couple of weeks back? Anyhow, since you're offering to send them on a trip cross country back to AB, I may just take you up on it. I thought these were much thicker than they are, hadn't realize they'd fit in an envelope that can be dropped off anywhere. So far no one in town has offered their stock grips, so might as well bug you for them. Just want to wait till I assemble the gun once the parts H2P sent me arrive, in case there's something else needed that you could add to the envelope. Thanks.

PS: just finished painting the 2240, those black grips ought to look great in it. Or am I getting brown ones? :(

Yeah just wait, I got tones of parts. I haven't had brown grips in a year.