Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:50 pm 

I see they are listing the Cricket for sale in two versions, both with no stock...just the action. I assume this is because the stock gun is prohib?
I'm not looking to open up the bullpup debate here. I just thought it was interesting that they're making the actions available. I think it may be difficult to them source the stock to go with it?

FWB 300S, FX Dreamline FT, Hammerli AR20
Other goodies!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:33 pm 

They appear to be sub-500 fps devices. Perhaps that circumvents certain restrictions.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:35 am 

Penage Guy wrote:
They appear to be sub-500 fps devices. Perhaps that circumvents certain restrictions.

Perhaps, but then why no stock?

Other goodies!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:39 am 

fishguy wrote:
Penage Guy wrote:

Perhaps, but then why no stock?

Just guessing here that maybe they become "firearms" with the stock and then certain restrictions come into play.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:46 am 

That's my thinking, that the factory stock with the action is not approved. So if someone was to buy one of the actions they have for sale you'd have to have a custom stock fabricated that is not the same as the factory stock. Probably one that made it more of a traditional style rifle than the bullpup.

Other goodies!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:48 am 

IMHO someone needs to buy one and have it drop shipped to Mr Hickey for a custom build. Thats my take upon it.

Pertaining to a long version here not the bullpup. That is most likly the reason they are attempting sales of the full action here and it sub 500fps rating. Gotta love the Canadian firearm laws and their discriptions.

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:15 pm 

Whitewolf wrote:
IMHO someone needs to buy one and have it drop shipped to Mr Hickey for a custom build. Thats my take upon it.

Pertaining to a long version here not the bullpup. That is most likly the reason they are attempting sales of the full action here and it sub 500fps rating. Gotta love the Canadian firearm laws and their discriptions.

That's exactly what I as thinking. Give it to Joe for a year and see what amazing creation he comes up with. Any volunteers?

Other goodies!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:53 pm 

Just had a look ,shows no stock . Would have to do some work on moving the trigger to the rear ,if thinking of a conventional rifle . For that kind of money might as well build a custom frankengun :D . With help from fellow members here of course.

HW97 .177
HW80 .177
HW35 .177
HW100KTFSB 177
Winchester 257-70
Discovery 257
Airspeed .25
Frankendisco .25
FX ImpactX .223,22,177,172
K550 .22
Windy City .22
Daisy 953 .177

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:00 pm 

It's an interesting project idea, but would be quite expensive I think. Without modifying the factory action I don't see how you can do anything with it without mounting it into a bull pup stock thereby making it illegal. Someone with a shop may have some alternative ideas.

Other goodies!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:43 pm 

Once again the bullpup issue confuses me. My understanding was that bullpups are okay as long as they were built as bullpups at the factory. Obviously I'm missing something. :?: :?: :?:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:26 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Once again the bullpup issue confuses me. My understanding was that bullpups are okay as long as they were built as bullpups at the factory. Obviously I'm missing something. :?: :?: :?:

Don't think you're missing anything...obviously the Tavor TAR-21 is non-restricted.

Specifically talking about the Cricket, the short-barrelled ones would be restricted, but the longer-barrelled ones should be non-restricted.

Edit: maybe the shroud is an issue if it's got suppression capabilities?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:57 am 

fishguy wrote:
It's an interesting project idea, but would be quite expensive I think. Without modifying the factory action I don't see how you can do anything with it without mounting it into a bull pup stock thereby making it illegal. Someone with a shop may have some alternative ideas.

You would just shorten the trigger linkage re thread 4 mm and slide the weaver rail trigger bracket back to beginning of air cylinder take less than 5 mins with a hack saw and 4mm die

Pics of the new cricket carbine rifle

http://forum.bullpupmad.com/topic/8357893/1/#new

http://forum.bullpupmad.com/index/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:50 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:

I may be wrong, but I think you are correct. The ones offered at AGS do not have shrouds, so no issue there either.

If I was to buy an action, I think I would just source a stock from the US. They do go on sale from time to time when someone goes to custom wood.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:38 pm 

Sorry to dig this up but I was looking at Type 90 bullpups today and asked why they were non restricted. In order to meet standards for a non restricted firearm the rifle must have a barrel over 18.5 inches and have the stock and trigger set up in a way that prevents the firearm from being fired without the stock. So to make her legal just find a way to mount the trigger and sear in the stock instead of on the action.

BAM B51 Custom
Crosman 2240 Custom-ish
Career 9mm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:25 pm 

I'm just gonna.....

Al