Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:57 pm 
Offline
Admin-2-IC
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:19 pm
Posts: 9727
Location: On, CA
Finally got the gun set up ready for FT ...

Image
Image
Image
Image

I took the barrel bands out because it was pulling the barrel down by about 1/8"
Installed Lothar Walther barrel 177
Bushnell Legend 5 to 15 x40 with mil-dot. AO down to 7 yards.
The best part is that Voltar1 Regulator is still in that ext. long cylinder. (4 years later)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:59 pm 
Offline
Admin-2-IC
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:19 pm
Posts: 9727
Location: On, CA
JSB Express 7.87

955.5
959.5
968.6
961.3
960.7
969.5
956.9
952.3
948.8
956.4

JSB Heavy 10.3

877.5
863.3
873.7
880.8
877.5
885.6
878.6
879.6
867.1
866.2


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:02 am 
Offline
Admin-2-IC
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:19 pm
Posts: 9727
Location: On, CA
Voltar1 Regulator is amazing. I bought and tried another 2 regulators from Poland and UK but the Canadian is the BEST.

I just have to sight in the scope with that barrel then it's good to go.

I still have another project to do with QB78D 177
JD regulated bottle
Archer bulk adaptor
Delrin valve stem
Lothar Walther Barrel 177 cut by Voltar1 to fit the QB.
everything is ready to be put together just need to find the time for it.
Hopefully will be my next FT gun as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 pm
Posts: 2408
Location: Northeastern Ontario
That looks nice. Are wood stock AT44's, SS or repeaters, going to be available in the near future? They are a very good bang for the buck.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:56 am 
Offline
Admin-2-IC
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:19 pm
Posts: 9727
Location: On, CA
Penage Guy wrote:
That looks nice. Are wood stock AT44's, SS or repeaters, going to be available in the near future? They are a very good bang for the buck.


The furniture can be put on either SS or Repeater.
This one is SS. It's better for FT. No need to count shots left in the magazine
and pellets skirt don't get resize by the magazine.

I think there is only one left in stock and there is no ETA for future.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:38 pm 
Offline
Admin-2-IC
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:19 pm
Posts: 9727
Location: On, CA
April 10 Sunday FT Match in Burlington at BRRC.

I just got my scuba tank refill this aft. at Aqua System (Dixie & Dundas) 905-277-8881
Good guys there. Refill my tank to the max 3500 (3442) FOR FREE ***
I was in and out in less than 5 minutes ... sweet deal.

Now the gun and tank are good to go.
If I can just come in the last place I'll be so happy .... lol .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:16 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member 2009

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:41 pm
Posts: 992
Location: GTA
sniper wrote:
I just got my scuba tank refill this aft. at Aqua System (Dixie & Dundas) 905-277-8881
Good guys there. Refill my tank to the max 3500 (3442) FOR FREE ***
I was in and out in less than 5 minutes ... sweet deal .


I was there last week and he charged me $10+tax to go to 3000psi. That was from empty though, hopefully a top up will be cheaper. He told me he can fill up to 6000psi with his booster pump, good for the SCBA 4500psi guys.
Anyone know a cheaper place in the GTA? $10 isn't breaking the bank, but I thought fills were more in the $6 range.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:01 am 
Offline
Admin-2-IC
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:19 pm
Posts: 9727
Location: On, CA
Woody wrote:
sniper wrote:
I just got my scuba tank refill this aft. at Aqua System (Dixie & Dundas) 905-277-8881
Good guys there. Refill my tank to the max 3500 (3442) FOR FREE ***
I was in and out in less than 5 minutes ... sweet deal .


I was there last week and he charged me $10+tax to go to 3000psi. That was from empty though, hopefully a top up will be cheaper. He told me he can fill up to 6000psi with his booster pump, good for the SCBA 4500psi guys.
Anyone know a cheaper place in the GTA? $10 isn't breaking the bank, but I thought fills were more in the $6 range.


Yeah mine was only to top up from 1800 . I go there all the time.
It used to be in 6 range, I guess like everything else went up in price ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 3505
Location: Edmonton
Air is free. The supply is plentiful and the volume is irrelevant.

Distribution is limited. Distribution is not free.

The price is what the market will pay.

:ANAL:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:20 pm 
Offline
Admin-2-IC
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:19 pm
Posts: 9727
Location: On, CA
Edmonton<500 wrote:
Air is free. The supply is plentiful and the volume is irrelevant.

Distribution is limited. Distribution is not free.

The price is what the market will pay.

:ANAL:



So true .....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:35 pm
Posts: 5884
Location: P.G. B.C.
Looking pretty good, sniper. I plan on trying my HW97 in May at the Mission shoot.

Local paint ball shop on Queensway Ave, tried to charge me $30.00 for less than 1/2 a fill. She was amazed it only took a couple minutes to fill, and mentioned that - then $30.00 please and I blew a gasget.

The are charging the paint ball shooters $10.00 for the little 500cc bottles, so she thought "$30.00 for that huge tank" was fair.

No - I won't be going back.

_________________
Best Wishes
Daryl


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:06 pm 
Offline
Admin-2-IC
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:19 pm
Posts: 9727
Location: On, CA
Daryl wrote:
Looking pretty good, sniper. I plan on trying my HW97 in May at the Mission shoot.

Local paint ball shop on Queensway Ave, tried to charge me $30.00 for less than 1/2 a fill. She was amazed it only took a couple minutes to fill, and mentioned that - then $30.00 please and I blew a gasget.

The are charging the paint ball shooters $10.00 for the little 500cc bottles, so she thought "$30.00 for that huge tank" was fair.

No - I won't be going back.


Thank you.

HW97 is an awesome gun. My buddy Dave (#1 shooter at BRRC rifle) loves his HW97. He never miss with it.

OMG $ 30.00 ... does she want blood for payment .... LOL ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:11 am
Posts: 994
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Daryl wrote:
Looking pretty good, sniper. I plan on trying my HW97 in May at the Mission shoot.

Local paint ball shop on Queensway Ave, tried to charge me $30.00 for less than 1/2 a fill. She was amazed it only took a couple minutes to fill, and mentioned that - then $30.00 please and I blew a gasget.

The are charging the paint ball shooters $10.00 for the little 500cc bottles, so she thought "$30.00 for that huge tank" was fair.

No - I won't be going back.



your 97 will be perfect!

Nic build Dan. try and come to a HAHA event! I will miss the match this weekend but will attend in May.

_________________
Rodney

AA S400SL FT .177 Bushnell 8-32x40
AA TX200 Walnut .177 12FPE Hawke Airmax SF 6-24x56
Beeman P17


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:21 pm
Posts: 2102
Location: Greater Napanee, ON, Canada
Looking forward to seeing you and your rig this Sunday.

_________________
Tim
CAFTA Governor


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:21 pm 
Offline
Admin-2-IC
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:19 pm
Posts: 9727
Location: On, CA
Second Place .... YAY....

Image

Thanks to Parker_101_ for helping setting up the Bushnell Legend scope.
Thanks to Voltar1 again for the regulator.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO