Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Review: Air Gun Source
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:18 am 

So, for those thinking of using the services of AIR GUN SOURCE, located in Peterborough Ontario, I say....look NO further!!!
I had the pleasure of dealing with Kirk for some needed repairs...a replacement broken spring, in a Crosman Phontom and at the same time had the piston seal replaced....this happened while I waited! While this was being done, I dealt with Trevis and ended up buying an Air Chrony....very simple to use, turn it ON, shoot through the window and view your results, fully featured; FPS, kinetic force and a multitude of other features...
I also bought a 500 tin of .22 JSB EXACT Jumbo Diabolo in 15.89 gr, night & day difference from the Crosman.22 pellets ( based on the Chrony tests I did on the pellets, the Crosman's create quite a bit of barrel drag, between 20 to 25 FPS difference, both shot through the same gun!
Initially I was looking at a New Diana rifle,but I checked out an Air Arms TX 200 MK 3 in .22 with Walnut stock....incredible looking air rifle, quality all the way (also German made)...I will be purchasing this rifle early summer! If I go with the beech stock it be like $50.00 cheaper....but I'm definitely sold on the walnut stock, just a beautiful looking piece.
Travis was incredibly helpful and took the time to discuss the pro's and con's about both stocks, explained the workings of the Crony, and overall was INCREDIBLY helpful....I give this store a 10 out of 10, for quality of service, helpfulness and customer satisfaction, A real pleasure to deal with these folks!
Nowadays; it's almost impossible finding a business that stands behind their service and product line, these guys do just that!
Thank you to both Kirk and Trevis, you have a new customer for life!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:42 pm 

Great guys for sure and a very nice gun you are eying. One thing you may consider is the caliber. If you will be plinking and hunting, the .22 is fine. If you ever intend to use it for field target, you may want to consider the same rifle in .177. Can still hunt and plink with it and the higher velocity makes for a much more level trajectory. Just a thought.

The TX200 is made in England, but the quality is definitely there. I have owned three of them and still have a .177 version.