Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:30 pm 

I have a .22 Cal. Phantom bone stock 495 fps, I've been reading I can buy a piston and seal a hole to increase fps, which piston would I need and what other mods could i do????

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:14 pm 

Get a nitro piston kit from Scopes & Ammo And do some trigger work.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:45 am 

Yes don't spend the 57 dollars to make it a pal 750fps buy the 100 dollar nitro piston short stroke and call it a day. It will be the best thing you ever did to that gun

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:40 am 

rborycki wrote:
Yes don't spend the 57 dollars to make it a pal 750fps buy the 100 dollar nitro piston short stroke and call it a day. It will be the best thing you ever did to that gun

The spring only is 13 plus 12 shipping but I get your point. I can say though that 700 plus with a .22 is nice all round.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:07 am 

rborycki wrote:

Or you could sell your phantom and put that money towards a crosman that's already NP.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:37 pm 

It's not the spring alone. You also need the short piston assembly to go with the spring. That kit on scopes and ammo is 57.99 ive already bought two of these kits for a few of my rifles because I was scared of the nitro piston. Then a few weeks later I bought two nitro piston kits by the way is the best thing since sliced bread. So my recommendation. I found a shockey legacy np to half price. 200 bux. Bought it. Took it apart. Patched the hole put the gtx trigger on and a wicked tasco scope and built a very good gun. Sold my Springer

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:03 pm 

Love my phantom wouldn't give it up my phantom has the short piston with sealed hole have a new mainspring coming soon

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:27 pm 

I have the phantom. Did the full power spring wasnt impressed. Did the gas ram wow, thud instead of twang and not violent as the springers go. Got the gtx trigger wow, clear 1St stage, crisp and predictable 2Ed stage that can be made as a very accurate hair trigger. Cleaned barrel and got a rubber muzzle brake looking tube for better grip on caucking and this is one of my favorite rifles. Throw on a decent scope and shes pretty dang accurate and not hold finicky too.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:52 pm 

New spring is in and piston and breach seal. Dry fires with alot more force than before mod can't wait to take it out hunting

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:05 pm 

PhantomMatt.22cal. wrote:
New spring is in and piston and breach seal. Dry fires with alot more force than before mod can't wait to take it out hunting

Shouldn't be dry firing it.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:07 pm 

Didn't really wana shoot a pellet in the house don't have proper set up or target can't exactly walk outside with a rifle in London and shoot it lol I had to test it but won't be doing it again. She's hella loud now

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:08 pm 

The new seals and Spring was a great first mod for me thanks for the help guys. What's next????

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:20 pm 

Didn't really wana shoot a pellet in the house don't have proper set up or target can't exactly walk outside with a rifle in London and shoot it lol I had to test it but won't be doing it again. She's hella loud now

Guess you need to build one. Just get some 1x10's or 1x8 and make a box, 13x11 or how ever big you want it. Fill it up with 7-8" of rubber mulch and vola...It stopped 22 cal going 1100 FPS. Yeah one reason why I got rid of mine, was too loud for indoor use.

The new seals and Spring was a great first mod for me thanks for the help guys. What's next????

Pretty much all you can do for power mods. Your pretty limited with these guns. You could down the road get a NP conversion kit from Crosman. Other than that, a trigger.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:27 pm 

New trigger would be dope I hate this one too hard to pull