Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:22 pm 

Jus got back from a day out hunting, got my first 3 confirmed kills today with the crosman centrepoint! Highly recommended!!!!

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:42 am 

Thanks everyone for the help can't wait for my new mainspring to get here will keep you updated when it's installed

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:05 pm 

i did the spring only repair and love the rifle now. Figure its 720 fps or so after 150 pellet through and still nice accuracy. Im thinking the extra few hundred FPS wont be hard on a scope and I'm looking for one now. No noticeable kick. Gun will be great for taking out grouse.

Very interesting playing with the Chrono Connect app on my Blackberry at 25 yards gave some consistent values, 713,728 and 740

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:24 pm 

tango wrote:
i did the spring only repair and love the rifle now. Figure its 720 fps or so after 150 pellet through and still nice accuracy. Im thinking the extra few hundred FPS wont be hard on a scope and I'm looking for one now. No noticeable kick. Gun will be great for taking out grouse.

Very interesting playing with the Chrono Connect app on my Blackberry at 25 yards gave some consistent values, 713,728 and 740

Nice bro nice spring will be here by the 17 th can't wait!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:14 am 

Chevota wrote:
You can continue to use the scope you have on it, the worst it can do is break... If you do the mods I sent and use at least 14.3gr pellets then the gun will be a lot easier on it. Not saying it'll survive, just saying it's possible and if you don't care about losing it then why not? And once broke they can often be fixed.
If you don't want to risk the scope then don't even fire it once because if it's weak then one shot might do it. Your first shot(s) will diesel, which I don't really believe matters to the scope, but I suppose it's possible. Either way it's best not to have the scope on at first because if you made a mistake, like with one of the seals, it could really stress test it.
If you want a scope for as cheap as possible I suppose I'd ask around for peep that upgraded their cheapie springer scope. I got a like new 3-9x40 for $20 a few years ago on Craigslist, and he delivered it! Be wary of cheap scopes, don't buy new or used unless you know it's good enough to survive and the quality is usable.
You will need new mounts, and hopefully a used scope will come with them. Or get ones like in the links I sent, or as a last resort you can modify yours.

Just curious about your reference to scope repair? Is there something simple usually on a Crossman?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:05 pm 

Installed my new mainspring and seals and it seems to be working twice as good as the stock spring very nice easy mod

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:06 pm 

Dieseling like a mo fo

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:48 pm 

PhantomMatt.22cal. wrote:
Dieseling like a mo fo

Did you wipe the excess oil off the spring?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:58 pm 

okayshooter wrote:
Dieseling like a mo fo

Spring wasn't overly oiled I put some silicone lubricant over every seal and moving part tho could be why lol

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:00 pm 

okayshooter wrote:
Dieseling like a mo fo

Spring wasn't overly oiled I put some silicone lubricant over every seal and moving part tho could be why lol

Silicone oil shouldn't diesel.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:03 pm 

Shooting nice big clouds

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 5:42 pm 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 5:43 pm 

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:05 pm 

I installed a 4 x centre point scope yesterday and have it sighted in to 25 yards. Got a sling buddy now too and have an awesome grouse gun. All in on a new PAL rated Quest at $165.
Im happy
Now i need to set up my new PAL rated Quest 177, as soon as it arrives.

Last edited by tango on Wed May 18, 2016 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:06 pm 

Silicone will diesel, just not as much as good 'ol grease or motor oil. As far as dieseling goes it only matters if lube is in the compression chamber, so no worries about it on the spring unless it migrates fwd and gets past the seal. Silicone is not a lube for metal so using it on the spring or anything in the gun is a bad idea imo. It'll help prevent rust, and it does work on the main seal, but the otherwise it's not a good thing. The main seal needs very little lube, so to put the rest of the gun at risk to use silicone on it just doesn't make sense to me. I suppose if one were to insist on silicone then I would insist on adding a large amt of moly or tungsten disulfide to it.
That model gun doesn't have significant wear issues so no biggie I suppose, but I would keep an eye on it. Most silicone oil for airguns seems rather thick and sticky to me so I suppose it'll cost you power as well.

tango: Various things can break so it depends on what broke. Like if it went blurry it's likely a lens popped out, so if you can access it you can just glue it back. Super glue is a bad idea because it can't handle high G shock as well as epoxy can, and it leaves a cloudy haze on lenses so you'd be screwed anyway. If a lens on the inner erector tube popped out you're probably screwed but I suppose a fix is possible. If a reticle hair broke on one end you can try to epoxy it back. If the leaf spring broke you're kinda screwed but it is possible to do a fix, which I can explain if needed. If the scope tube body broke you're kinda screwed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next