Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:16 pm 

Ace wrote:
SureShot wrote:
Ace wrote:
so don't get your panties in a knot...

Who's wearing panties???? [emoji51]

looks like you are...... :lol:

Control Top panties [emoji1]
Hey don't knock it till you try it Ace.

Okay, maybe we should stay on the topic of the OP before we get banned.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:25 pm 

For realism and feel, I have to go with the Tanfoglio Witness 1911 and GSG 92.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:37 pm 

S & W 686 with 8 inch barrel for accuracy .... and in BB either the Gletcher C-TT or Daisy/Winchester 1911, both decent accuracy

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:27 pm 

gpittman wrote:
S & W 686 with 8 inch barrel for accuracy .... and in BB either the Gletcher C-TT or Daisy/Winchester 1911, both decent accuracy

686-8 sounds like a rare bird, sounds deadly!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:19 pm 

The Tanfoglio 1911, the GSG 92 and Sig Sauer 226 and the Smith&Wesson M&P will propably join them as it seems as well made as the other ones.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:45 am 

ejackyou wrote:
Wow! What a Group of Dead-heads, so far 223 took the time to and great effort to check this post out,
Only 12 could muster any response?

You do realize the number of views (223) does not equal the number of different people viewing this thread, right? If the 12 posters in this thread view it 19/20 times, there is your 223 views.

Speaking for myself, I am very new to airguns. I have one pellet pistol, one BB pistol, and one pellet rifle so far. Kind of pointless for me to say what my favorites are when I have zero experience with any other guns, but I have viewed this thread for at least 6-7 times because I am keen to learn. I don't think that deserves to be called a dead-head.

Last but not least, every single thread in every online forum has many many times more views than posts. That is the nature of online forum, why would you expect your thread be any different?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:23 am 

TAU 7

Bought this gun for $299 US back in the day and will never get rid of it. Has adjustable trigger and power. I have used it in 10M matches and in FT matches. Shoot the RWS R10 rifle match pellets at about 450 fps for 10M and the JSB heavy 10.3 at about 490 fps for pistol FT. Accuracy at 10M is a tad under the high end Steyr and FWB match pistols that run between $2500 and $3000.

From a seated position, I can hit a 1.5" hit zone at 50 yards indoors at Burlington more often than I miss it. If I miss during a match that has a max distance of 25 yards, it is definitely my fault.

A bonus with this gun is the ability to attach a hangy bottle on the fill threads at the bottom of the grip. The gun with get tons of shots with this configuration, plus it is far less temperature sensitive than any other CO2 gun I have seen.

For me, accuracy and shooting ergonomics trumps multi shot and replica looks every time.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:21 am 

Pokerdogg wrote:
ejackyou wrote:
Wow! What a Group of Dead-heads, so far 223 took the time to and great effort to check this post out,
Only 12 could muster any response?

You do realize the number of views (223) does not equal the number of different people viewing this thread, right? If the 12 posters in this thread view it 19/20 times, there is your 223 views.

Speaking for myself, I am very new to airguns. I have one pellet pistol, one BB pistol, and one pellet rifle so far. Kind of pointless for me to say what my favorites are when I have zero experience with any other guns, but I have viewed this thread for at least 6-7 times because I am keen to learn. I don't think that deserves to be called a dead-head.

Last but not least, every single thread in every online forum has many many times more views than posts. That is the nature of online forum, why would you expect your thread be any different?

don't try to explain it he wont get it and probably try to turn it around on you somehow....lol

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:24 pm 

My current favorite is the Crosman Vigilante..... but I have a Tanfoglio Limited that may replace it after the weather warms up and I can spend more time with it. I sure like the heft, feel, looks and workmanship of the Tanfoglio.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:57 pm 

Redleg wrote:
My current favorite is the Crosman Vigilante..... but I have a Tanfoglio Limited that may replace it after the weather warms up and I can spend more time with it. I sure like the heft, feel, looks and workmanship of the Tanfoglio.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Tanfoglio pulls ahead in your ratings, the Vigilante is a good performer
for the money, but I agree with Your assessment of the Witness, it's probably the single most
popular C02 BB pistol.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:28 pm 

Redleg wrote:

This post is a bit old, but could you tell me about your vigilante and if you've had any problems with it? I am looking into them and they seem great.

Stoeger X20

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:09 am 

Found this thread ... it is from last year but interesting just the same.

I joined about 5 years ago mainly when I decided to mod my Crosman 2240.
At that time the Tanfoglio Witness 1911 had just come out and was all the rage.

While on a trip to New Brunswick last month I walked into a Cabela's and saw the Umarex Colt Peacemaker SAA pellet version and liked it so I bought it. This pistol got me back into the hobby.

I have since added the Crosman Remington 1875, the Tanfoglio Witness 1911 and most recently the Umarex Colt Defender.

Between the Peacemaker and the Remington, I like the look of the Colt but I find the Remington shoots better (with BB's) over the Colt.
Even though the Colt has a rifled barrel shooting pellets compared to the Remington smooth bore. I found the Remington shooting pellets OK but one shell has become problematic and the pellet gets struck in the shell and doesn't fire.

Between the Tanfoglio and the Colt Defender I really like the Tanfoglio for realism but the Defender shoots much better and looks good as well.

So for looks in the revolver category I pick the Umarex Colt Peacemaker. In the 1911 category the Tanfoglio.

In the shooting category the Crosman Remington 1875. In the 1911 category the Umarex Colt Defender.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:31 pm 

I like my 1008 Crosman RepeatAir. My RepeatAir fits in its custom holster and goes into the archery bush with me most days.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:57 pm 

Definitely my PT-85 Tactical with 12 inch barrel - very powerful and accurate!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:54 pm 

I am a newbie to the hobby and more of a "collector". I don't own this one (or any C02 pistol) but I could see this being my favorite if I did. One day I will have one. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next