Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:49 pm 

Buddy has his PAL & just picked this up for $70 at TSC price matched to a Wal-Mart, he's looking to do some mods anybody have some ideas? Here's some pics...ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:52 pm 

is there a way to make it shoot 780fps like the American version

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:59 pm 

Have one, couldn't live it without it. Especially the missus, who loves the semi auto. But think bout this: gun only gives you a max of 48 shots, or 4 clips and that's in warm indoors temps. Suppose enlarging the transfer port hole would give you more power but at the cost of the fps. There are bottle kits on sale for these (in fact I believe there's currently one of these for sale in the classifieds here). That's the only way I'd consider upping the fps in it, else you'd be replacing CO2 every second clip.

Great price btw, these are super fun.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:07 pm 

Joolz wrote:
There are bottle kits on sale for these (in fact I believe there's currently one of these for sale in the classifieds here). That's the only way I'd consider upping the fps in it, else you'd be replacing CO2 every second clip.

If you're talking about the Crosman Air Source adapter, these only allow you to use 88/90 gr. CO2 cartridges for more shots. They don't increase the fps at all.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:02 am 

Yes, these are the ones. Believe there's one for sale here in the classifieds. I realize they don't give you more fps, but the first part of my suggestion proposed playing with the transfer port. Isn't this a sure way to increase CO2 delivery thus resulting in faster speeds? At least that's how I found it to work with the QB78D.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:08 am 

Joolz wrote:
Yes, these are the ones. Believe there's one for sale here in the classifieds. I realize they don't give you more fps, but the first part of my suggestion proposed playing with the transfer port. Isn't this a sure way to increase CO2 delivery thus resulting in faster speeds? At least that's how I found it to work with the QB78D.

Ah! I see where you're coming from. If you are going to increase the fps by any means then you need a larger supply of CO2 to get a decent number of shots. I need to re-do reading comprehension 101.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:09 am 

Oh great, thanks a lot lleader. By admitting to that you have just opened the door to this thread being derailed. Soon someone will be posting an extensive list of quotes from the 1800's citing the decline of reading ability due to reader laziness, worms in brain (suggested they got there by eating raw meats) and how your one action will lead to the destruction of the world (although as proven thus far, such end may not come for a couple more centuries).

Maybe you ought to change your name to lReader? You know, in order to hopefully fend off the doom and gloom about to hit us :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:06 am 

So first step is to increase co2 supply.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:07 am 

What would be next after installing new transfer port? And does that mean I need to find bigger co2 tanks??

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:00 pm 

As eluded to above, unless you get a bigger CO2 tank you will see a dramatic decrease in number of shots. Personally I don't care for these bottles, they're ugly and likely make the gun front end heavy.
If you glance at the classifieds here a couple of pages back you'll see the post. Not cheap either, think the seller wants something like $80 for the bottle.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:05 pm 

I've already emailed the gravel agency website about the parts, here is what I'm pretty sure you guys are talking about ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:41 pm 

There is another adapter that allows you to use a foster fitting and run a line to a bottle. Mine runs to a hpa bottle set to 1050. Gets close to 600 fps . Got it from Ramman at Canadian Shooting supply. Hope I spelled his name rite.