Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:23 am 

These are two interesting looking 88g CO2 powered .177 pellet shooters. I have not seen them available with any of the usual Ca internet airgun retailers and you will not find them on Amazon just by searching for general air rifles but if you put in the exact names they show up, apparently for sale by "OIG Brand Management". If you google that, you get to a web design/branding site and not apparently any sort of retailing business.
Looks a bit dodgy to me; anyone got any experience of buying...?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:49 pm 

I too was looking for them on Amazon... Interesting find.. Will keep this thread in mind for updates

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:11 pm 

Something to be careful of is that often the descriptions are incorrect.
Big online companies like Amazon don't know airguns like D&L Airguns does.

I searched Amazon.ca for "SIG Sauer" the result showed several airsoft products.
Then when I searched for "SIG Sauer BB" the result showed a few airgun products.

And there's no great buys either; SIG Sauer MPX $240.23

https://www.amazon.ca/Sig-Sauer-Powered-Rifle-Rounds/dp/B00XLFWYU0/ref=sr_1_2?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1470175491&sr=1-2&keywords=SIG+Sauer+BB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:45 pm 

Well when you're desperate sometimes you can't be picky with price. The Canadian third party vendors on Amazon are shady sounding...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:17 pm 

$240 isn't bad for the MPX. It's US$180 on Pyramyd. The MCX is a bit steep though at $360.
My concern is (other than it's not legit) that the spec is a lot more than 500fps and even if it's not actually up there, if it's really available without a PAL check, it's some sort of detuned Ca version. But it's probably not legit.
There's probably some protection offered by Amazon though when buying through them...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:31 am 

The fact that it is "currently unavailable" leaves all sorts of questions unanswered. One unanswered question, of course, is what the specs are for the gun. Don't forget that American retailers also advertise on amazon.ca, that have no business doing so for products they cannot or will not ship across the border (e.g., non-restricted or restricted firearms).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:21 pm 

The reason it says that is because I sent them a message a few days ago trying to find out if they were legit. I also pointed out that if they were full spec then a PAL check would be needed to buy. I got a quick reply to the effect, "Oops, crap - yes, we shouldn't be selling +500 fps" and they said they would take them off. They have now done that for the MPX but the MCX is still there. Does that mean it is <500fps? No idea but I will pass for now.
They seem to be new; seems also they don't fully know what they are doing but they have started gathering some feedback comments in the past week that are all pretty good.
Might be a trader to watch.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:12 pm 

Darn! I wanted to maybe grab one lol. Although prices are steep so far

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:42 pm 

I know! I did write back saying I had probably shot myself in the foot by pointing all this out to them (pardon the pun). The price on the MPX wasn't bad.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:45 pm 

Time for a trip over the border for me I guess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:52 pm 

I seen this today in the GTA forum! People pulling them apart already.Thought I would share it!

They're very complicated, here's the guts to my MPX. Also I tried an 1100psi reg'd Ninja on mine and I think I might have hit 600fps but they way they are they're not very modifiable. I would like to see what they do if and when they come out with the pcp version.

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:22 pm 

Wow, I wouldn't like to drop that lot face down on the floor...
So can we in fact get them here on a PAL?
I found a place to get rechargeable 88g cylinders for the DIY PCP route if they can be made to fit in the stock (also for the CX4 which we can defo get here).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:38 pm 

I want see the PCP version....I have a Pal now,.let's get some lol

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:07 pm 

They actually shoot around 450, not the claimed 600.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:43 am 

I've seen that reported too but I guess the manufacturer spec will override when it comes to classifying it.