Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:02 pm 

I recently tried out my old Crosman Mark 2 air pistol, after it had been unused for several years. I found that the CO2 chamber was leaking, so I bought a seal kit on EBay, and finally got around to taking it apart and changing all the o-rings (not just for the piercing assembly and chamber). Now the CO2 no longer leaks, but when I fire the pistol, the gas escapes around the trigger, and nothing comes out of the barrel. I am pretty sure that I reassembled everything properly, so I am wondering where the problem might lie? Is there another seal that would not have been covered with the kit I bought?

I looked around Ottawa to find a place to service the pistol, and there does not seem to be anything local - any suggestions? Closest I could come up with was in Perth, and he quoted $100 plus tax and shipping. This seems pretty high to me for maybe 20-30 minutes work (for someone who knows what they are doing). Also, I have no idea what the pistol is currently worth. Any ideas?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:14 pm 

I think Ace can help you out.
I have 4 Crosman MK I's which is the same as the MK II and he has offered to help me repair mine.

I am sure he'd be happy to help.

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:27 pm 

Hi str8up!

If you were able to disassemble and reassemble once, don't get discouraged and redo it. This is how you will learn.

I fixed a couple of those without even using a prepared resealing kit, just finding the right o-rings size and making a face seal from the plastic of a coffee can cover.

Check the Factory service manual, it will help.

This is the link.

http://www.airgunartisans.com/CRMark1&2.htm

R-Gun Pete

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:25 pm 

Thanks for the link to the manual. That was helpful. After looking through it, I think the next stage of repairs are probably beyond my ability. If anyone knows of an Ottawa based repair facility, or someone who can help me out, it would be much appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:36 pm 

I am pretty sure that you can solve your problem.

If the gun is sealed , you did your job.

You mentioned that when you shoot the pellet doesn't move but the puff of CO2 exhaust through the trigger.

It might be that the exhaust port of the valve is not at the top (to dump the gas in the barrel) but installed downward (which might cause the symptom you are describing).

Give it another try, it might solve the issue.

R-Gun Pete

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:56 pm 

sounds like Pete might be right, you may have installed the valve upside down...
dissemble it and make sure the air port is facing in the up position before re-installing it back in
you should be fine...:wink: