Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:41 am 

Please see attached pics, the gun has been in a canvas case since 1981, periodically oiled, but not fired...It has "deer" in a green emblem on the stock, breaks in the middle and pulls down....I believe it is a B2, but can't find any info...

is there a tune up kit? any info would be appreciated,

Attachments:
ag3.jpg
ag3.jpg [ 118.81 KiB | Viewed 514 times ]
ag2.jpg
ag2.jpg [ 88.76 KiB | Viewed 514 times ]
ag1.jpg
ag1.jpg [ 95.57 KiB | Viewed 514 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:13 pm 

Definitely not a deer rifle :) ,but very possibly a B2 (I am no expert by a long shot). Have you fired it, or by "tune kit" do you mean new seals to make the rifle operational?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:48 am 

I have fired it, it appears that the seal at the break in the barrel leaks, I see a puff when I fire...it looks like a hard plastic seal of some sort sits there, i'm going to oil it etc and see if I can get a better seal....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:48 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Definitely not a deer rifle :) ,but very possibly a B2 (I am no expert by a long shot). Have you fired it, or by "tune kit" do you mean new seals to make the rifle operational?

I agree, the pics are not very clear but it seems the stickers were applied by PO, possibly to cover minor stock blemish.
The rifle looks like a B2; if you see puffs at the breach it is likely dieseling - oiling the chamber will make things worse.
Shim behind the breach seal to get better seal first (or replace it), then if all is OK, strip and see what's inside.

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:30 pm 

The green "deer" emblem is on the stock, and under varnish, so it's original; the sticker on the rear of the stock was just a paper sticker that said "made in" and was ripped, I've removed it, nothing underneath...

i'll look at removing the seal, I have a dental pic that might get it out in one piece, thanks for the tip on shimming it...where can I get a replacement seal? are they leather or rubber? it seems very hard and not malleable...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:11 pm 

and yes, I get some blow out at the barrel break, with a puff of smoke..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:51 pm 

Depending on the seal material, it may be as easy as putting in a new o-ring. A leather seal can be made fairly easily if you're handy. A thin(!) layer of glue may be needed to keep the new seal in place...
Some detailed pics and measurements would help (either the seal itself, or the groove it sits in), if you have a caliper.
Maybe the deer emblem was a house-brand? Maybe a limited-edition run for a club?