Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:34 am 

I ususaly lie the gun down on the ground to fill, with the hose staight, but recently i have a bipod.If I stand the gun up on the bipod and hook the hand pump up, being now the hose will be up a little,will it be a little harder to pump?

If that makes any sense!

Thanks

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:33 am 

Just avoid a sharp curvature to your hose. As pressure increasees in the hose the straighter it will naturally want to become. As fsr as effort of pumping is concerned you wont notice a difference. Just minimize hose curve as not to topple over your gun. Hope that answers what you are asking.

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:14 pm 

That's what I thought, no sharp curvature...

Thanks Wolf!

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:25 pm 

Just out of curiosity, does it take a lot of pumps to fill the gun? And the more you pump, does it take more effort?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:48 pm 

MisterJ wrote:
Just out of curiosity, does it take a lot of pumps to fill the gun? And the more you pump, does it take more effort?

It's definitely an upper body workout depending on the starting pressure and the volume size of your tank. An SCBA,SCUBA or shoe box compressor would be the way to go IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:56 pm 

I could be off a bit but last time it was around 85 pumps to get it to 2800 psi, but my reservoir is only about 85cc and yes as you get past 1000 psi it starts to give more resistance.but this pump is a lot easier to pump then say the Benjamin! I'm only 5'8" 165 lbs and it's not bad but i'm fit. If you are lazy(have money) or think about it to much,might not be your thing.

Since I've been shooting at 2800 lately, one of those little Ninja tanks would be perfect to!

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:27 am 

I really pondered this question before I bought A Daystate wolverine with 300cc tank that fills to 3700 psi. I could not find anyone that filled this with a hand pump just remarks about it not being possible.

I bought the gun and was delighted to say it's not that hard or long to fill this with a Hill pump. Usually pump to equalize pressure ( 10-12 strokes then 50 strokes 1-2 minutes rest (the pump just feels slightly warm) and another 50 strokes, then rest and another 20-30 strokes depending on where I stopped shooting).

I do not have a compressor or scuba system and really thought before I got the gun I would invest if needed but after receiving the gun and filling by pump I cannot see myself getting into compressor or scuba setup. And yes I do shoot quite a bit but with 3 different PCPs (love them all) The other 2 just fill to 3000 psi.

I am posting this simply because I really deliberated getting the Daystate because of this dilemma and hope to easy some minds about getting a 250 bar fill PCP. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:08 am 

I guess I'm one of the lazy shooters. Just pumping up my bicycle tires is hard on my back. A Compressor is necessary for me - or simply shooting only my HW springers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:43 pm 

If you have back problems that's not being lazy:) Everyone gets lazy.

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32