Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Benjamin Maximus.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:06 pm 

I recently purchased a Maximus .22 and have tried to detune it to around the 20ft/lb range, It doesn't like it at all. I tried several springs and an adjuster, also a spring that was lighter but the same length as the stock spring. Does anyone have a stock Discovery spring I could purchase to try out?
I also have started to lower the starting fill pressures but it still shoots higher as the pressure drops. I know this will happen but it is too big a spread to make it consistent for FT. Pete has a .177 that is around the 17 ft/lb mark I think. And those that know me know I don't shoot .177, I do just fine with my .22's in FT but wanted to see if this gun could be used for FT.

Post subject: Re: Benjamin Maximus.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:05 pm 

Sounds like you should have gotten the Maximus 12 ft/lb version.
You might talk to Crosman to find out what is the difference between the two versions.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:08 am 

The BM is a pcp rifle so I'm assuming you're talking about the hammer spring. I also would have thought that would have worked.
What you might try is partially blocking the transfer port from the air tube to the barrel. I've done this with another rifle by tapping the port for set screws with different size holes drilled through them lengthwise. If that would create sealing problems in that ports design you could reproduce the port with a smaller diameter hole in it to restrict the air flow. Either way you have reduced power and the advantage of more shots per fill.
Good Luck,
Ed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:19 am 

Wasn't he in Spartacus...? :mrgreen: