Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Best co2 pellet pistol?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:11 pm 

Hey,

im looking to get a pellet pistol for some training and plinking. So what's the best value pistol out there? Which has the most shots per fill and accuracy?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:15 pm 

Wow!

That is a very difficult question to answer...

Is price an problem?

Are you sure that you want a Co2 pistol?

Umarex makes a few very nice pellet pistols that all use the same 8 shot metal rotary mag.

Do you want/need blow-back?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:52 am 

lets say 200$ max.

I want a semi auto, so pretty sure co2 is what i need.

i would prefer blow back, but if there is something more accurate and way more efficient i would get that instead. im not really sure how much gas is "wasted" with blow backs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:23 am 

If you are looking for accuracy and efficiency / lots of shots which were mentioned in your first post, don’t bother with blowback as nice as it is to have for realism. The best ones would be the Umarex flagships: Walther CP88 (especially the long barrel version), Beretta 92 and Colt 1911. However, they are all a lot more than $200 new by the time you add up tax and shipping.

Now just by chance, you can pick up an as-new 1911 off the For Sale page for exactly $200 (plus shipping – normally $15). I am told the seller is an excellent fellow, totally reliable and a pleasure to deal with… :D
topic71859.html

He only sells to similar people who assure they are mature, responsible shooters.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:47 pm 

....That is a very good deal for a very nice pistol.....If I hadn't just bought the Beretta , I would snap it up.....Can't stop drooling tho' , for sure ..................

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:29 pm 

The Colt 1911 is not a single-action handgun (semi-auto). That may not be a minus to the OP, but typically newbies looking for a "semi-auto" are looking for single-action, blowback guns. The Desert Eagle and any handgun that uses the double-ended 16-shot mag is as close as you'll get in a pellet shooter.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:41 am 

...The S&W M&P 45 is a nice inexpensive option that handles and shoots like some more expensive pellet guns....I'm quite fond of mine, I'm still experimenting with different pellets and this evening found it really likes Superdomes......One has to choose where to buy as the prices seem to fluctuate all over (for everything) .............

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:26 am 

How about a SPA CP1?

http://www.china-airrifle.com/product/p ... &class2=57

Very accurate, and with a softer hammer spring you will get about 100 good shots out of it. The wood grip is easily changed to suit your hands/taste, here's mine:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:33 am 

The Colt shoots both single action and double action. I think all the Umarex pellet shooters do, though the CP99 has a fake slide that is difficult to rack for SA. In all of them though including the blowback ones, the trigger still indexes the mag so always partially DA anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:03 pm 

thumper wrote:
...The S&W M&P 45 is a nice inexpensive option that handles and shoots like some more expensive pellet guns....I'm quite fond of mine, I'm still experimenting with different pellets and this evening found it really likes Superdomes......One has to choose where to buy as the prices seem to fluctuate all over (for everything) .............

An excellent accurate pistol @ 18 feet for me -as good as the HW40. I use JSB Exact Express but have to seat this pellet.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:19 pm 

...Yes, I too have better results and no bad issues when I 'seat' the pellets first .( I use a golf tee with a piece of pex tube pushed onto it so they are all seated exactly the same on all those Umarex mags)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:32 pm 

thumper wrote:
...Yes, I too have better results and no bad issues when I 'seat' the pellets first .( I use a golf tee with a piece of pex tube pushed onto it so they are all seated exactly the same on all those Umarex mags)

I realize this has strayed a little off-topic, but as regards 'seating' pellets in the Umarex mags - I have never tested this out as to how effective it is but to ensure consistency I habitually insert the 8 pellets and then hold the mag face down on a flat surface with my finger and then push the pellets until they too touch the surface. They are then all at the same depth and flush with the front of the mag. Anyone think this is a good or bad idea?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:11 pm 

I found it crucial with the CP99, otherwise the pellets would catch and the mag would grind its way around. I use a quarter inch audio jack to push them in and then they sit just below the top of the chamber.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:15 pm 

DDtank wrote:
The Colt shoots both single action and double action. I think all the Umarex pellet shooters do, though the CP99 has a fake slide that is difficult to rack for SA. Yes, single action, but not semi-auto In all of them though including the blowback ones, the trigger still indexes the mag so always partially DA anyway. Which is why I said "as close as you'll get."

:)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:29 pm 

You also might consider the 2240 - a oldie but a goodie; single shot only - but it can be both accurate and very efficient in Co2 usage - and can be upgraded as much as you want as you decide what mods you want for it...

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Crosman_2240/221/609

8)