Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:15 am 

Other then using the fill pump gauge to find out how much PSI you have? Has anyone made a gauge to attach to the Hipac foster fitting to find out how much PSI is left?

Or do you keep on hooking up the pump to check the amount?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:01 am 

http://www.airgunsource.com/air-venturi ... ge/dp/1924

Arsenal..
Kraft Marshmallow Pump and Shoot Rifle.
GoodYear Gatling Gun rubber-band shooter.
PEI Potato PCP Rifle.

Glass ..12" Dobsonian Reflector.
Shooting for the Stars.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:40 am 

leadslinger wrote:
Other then using the fill pump gauge to find out how much PSI you have? Has anyone made a gauge to attach to the Hipac foster fitting to find out how much PSI is left?

Or do you keep on hooking up the pump to check the amount?

Thanks

When I bought a Hi-Pac before he closed his website down he had PSI gauges, sold separately, wish I had of bought more and more Hi-Pacs lol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:48 am 

I only want one for setting up number of good shots per fill.

That AV, would I need to put a relief valve to un couple it?

I plan on getting a Benjamin pump. Which has a gauge. But like one on the gun.

I heard he just shut the site down while he was hunting in Texas.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:58 am 

leadslinger wrote:
I only want one for setting up number of good shots per fill.

That AV, would I need to put a relief valve to un couple it?

I plan on getting a Benjamin pump. Which has a gauge. But like one on the gun.

I heard he just shut the site down while he was hunting in Texas.

I dont know for sure, he said he wants to take a break lol, but if so, I hope its temporary, because I really love the 22xx platform even though I am pretty well done with every mod possible lol and the time I put into them for the many years I been playing around with them. I used to test his SS valves when they were in the early prototype stages years ago.

He has a excellent product and I dont see any reason to stop production. I would think the demand is fairly high for his Hi-Pac.

I use The Hill III pump that pumps air on the downward stoke as well as the upward stoke, the valve tells you how much is currently filled, same as the pump, you leave it on the end of the Hi-Pac. It looks stupid on the end but I mean that is the only place you can put it. I dont use one really since I just fill the Hi-Pac up after 10-15 shots to top it off. As much as I LOVE PCP guns. I still love a good old high powered springer .. no nitro lol

The inline PSI guage I have has no relief valve, once its on its on till its empty. I dont trust having one on to be honest with a 3000psi fill. I have actually pushed my Hi-Pac to 3300 PSI, I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you like playing the devils advocate, but I had the valve pinned extra beefed.

If I remember correctly, Id have to go into my other hard drive that is disconnected from my PC, with all my data and photos from previous projects. I think I was getting around 1130 FPS in .22 with Crossmen alloys at the time using a 18" barrel. Not really worth a 3300 psi fill. (2250) air tube.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:53 am 

If you want a gauge on your hipac just remove the check valve parts in the hipac, assemble a tee with a female foster in line with a foster fill valve with it's own check as in Disco then put the gauge on the branch of the tee. This will work long enough for shot testing, as you couldn't bang it around much. Regards, Tom