Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:13 am 

Well the Worlds are done now and we are back home, I know I speak everyone when I say we had a great time!!! The organisation of the match was top-notch, Sergio did a phenomenal job and had everything laid out very well. I would also like to thank Travis at AirGunSource as well as Randy from Multi Task Machining for their support of the Canadian Field Target Team, it is greatly appreciated!!!

The food was great, the people were amazing and the scenery never got old, I would go back to Portugal anytime!

Everyone on the springer team did very well in the face of very strong competition and we came out in 7th position, being only 3 points away from 5th. Myself and Jeff had a few issues with our guns but we were able to sort them out within the first two days at the zeroing range, I ended whittling down a top hat with a pocket knife for over 30mins at the sight-in range, but everything was sorted out in time to pass all Chrony testing.

Day 1 gave us some very heavy wind combined with the "first day jitters" the average score from all shooters looked to be around 25/50, we also ended up shooting until it was totally dark out as the PCP group took a bit longer than expected. Prior to everyone completing their lanes the match was stopped due to lack of light and some shooters had to complete their unfinished lanes on day 2. I finished the day with a 31/50, which I was pleased with, given the number of shots at long distances in strong wind, and average target distance was 47yards.

Day 2 the wind died off almost completely for the first half of the springer match, but the heat and humidity were a big factor for most. I again scored a 31/50, but I was a little disappointed with that score, on a personal level, given the lack of wind for the first half; there were a few shots I should have made, but that's always the case isn't it? lol

Day 3 the wind came back and the sun was out, not so much humidity, but when we were out of the shade it was extremely hot. I had made it through half the course with only 6 missed targets, but once we finished lane 25 and went to lane 1, the wind became a big factor. lanes 1 thru 10 were mostly uphill and/or in open areas, at far distances and wind had really picked up, unfortunately I missed another 12 shots over these lanes. I managed to clean my last kneeling lane, my second last lane and my very last lane which was offhand, with the final target being out at 41yds, uphill and in the wind; it felt very good to watch my final target fall!!! finishing the third day with 32/50.

Myself and George finished up very close; George came in with 95/150 which put him in 15th or 16th and I finished with a 94/150 putting me in 17th position. Everyone did some great shooting and posted very respectable scores, most importantly; we all had a great time during the match and our trip. Now we can assess what we need to practice for next year in Whales :)

Further info can be found here;
http://www.wftc2016.com/OfficialSite/

Attachment:
TEAM-JPG.JPG
TEAM-JPG.JPG [ 64.42 KiB | Viewed 940 times ]

Attachment:
IND-JPG.JPG
IND-JPG.JPG [ 138.97 KiB | Viewed 940 times ]

More pictures here;
http://www.ftcentral.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=949