Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:01 am 

Own a Stoeger x50 air rifle find it a bit heavy shipped with the moulded plastic stock.
Does anyone know if there are lighter stocks avaliable preferably in Wood? Any information or suggestions would be appreciated .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:07 pm 

It's a big heavy gun so really not much you can do. What's the gun weigh now?
I'd look at the Benjamin Super Streak and Trail XL. They should bolt up and work fine but you might have a little air gap under the safety since the Benj has a different end cap on the receiver. There are two different Super part #'s, coil and nitro version, but not sure why. Might be the reinforcement brace (stock lug brace) which is apparently absent on the coil version. I'd think the nitro version and the XL would be the same, or maybe it's just cosmetic like the checkering or lettering. My Super is in storage or I'd look, and it's been too long to remember.
Gravel Agency can probably get the stocks, and just a guess but I'd say $60-80CA? For a better # you can email or call Crosman for price and availability, then double that for your cost. A lot of $ to save such a small amt of weight, if any since I don't know if they're any lighter. My XL weighs 8.44lbs (minus scope), but it's different in that it has a heavier scope rail, the barrel is shrouded, the aft end cap is heavier and I believe the piston is heavier so kinda hard to compare. Plus wood varies with the type and moisture so even if had the weight of mine it's just an estimate of what you'd get.
The X50 is a chinese B22, so if you can find a source for that stock then it'll probably look more like yours and fit better. It might be named similar like XS 22 or XS B22 or something like that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:41 am 

Van12 wrote:
Own a Stoeger x50 air rifle find it a bit heavy shipped with the moulded plastic stock.
Does anyone know if there are lighter stocks avaliable preferably in Wood? Any information or suggestions would be appreciated .

Probably not. On AirgunDepot website they list both the composite and wood stock versions and they both weigh 8.3 lb.
Custom job needed to lighten stock, but that will likely throw off balance and harmonics - very important for a recoiling springer.

Duke ))))----//----------==