Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:50 am
Posts: 114
Location: Nova Scotia
Anyone know of a Canadian dealer who sells 12" Crosman barrels? Or someone selling a used one?

Len

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where can I get a 12
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2782
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Crosman doesn't make a 12" barrel. Only a 10.1, 14.5", 18, 24"

For a 12" you would need to buy a 14.5 and cut it down and re crown yourself.

Scopes and ammo, or Canada shooting supply, has good prices on barrels.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where can I get a 12
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:07 am
Posts: 3320
Location: Central West River Nova Scotia
D&L does sell a 12" LW. barrel. for the 2240.

_________________
If I had only one wish, it would be to be able to "unsay" things.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:50 am
Posts: 114
Location: Nova Scotia
leadslinger wrote:
Crosman doesn't make a 12" barrel. Only a 10.1, 14.5", 18, 24"

For a 12" you would need to buy a 14.5 and cut it down and re crown yourself.

Scopes and ammo, or Canada shooting supply, has good prices on barrels.

I just bought a 14" from scopes and ammo...they didn't offer a 14.5"

I was just planning on buying a 14 and having it cut and re-crowned...but, I can't find a local gunsmith

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where can I get a 12
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2782
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Msit No'kmaq wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
Crosman doesn't make a 12" barrel. Only a 10.1, 14.5", 18, 24"

For a 12" you would need to buy a 14.5 and cut it down and re crown yourself.

Scopes and ammo, or Canada shooting supply, has good prices on barrels.

I just bought a 14" from scopes and ammo...they didn't offer a 14.5"

I was just planning on buying a 14 and having it cut and re-crowned...but, I can't find a local gunsmith

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk


Its advertised as 14" but its 14.5 something.

Cut and crown it yourself. Honestly its not that hard. You cut it to the length you want with a hacksaw, then tape up the barrel and put it in a drill chuck ( chamber size ), use a file or sandpaper on the bench or in a vise to square and clean it up. ( while spinning in the drill )

Use a drill and a round head screw and valve lapping compound to do the crown, or a round head dremel bit. Then use fine emery cloth to clean up the tooling marks.

Volla.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:50 am
Posts: 114
Location: Nova Scotia
leadslinger wrote:
Msit No'kmaq wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
Crosman doesn't make a 12" barrel. Only a 10.1, 14.5", 18, 24"

For a 12" you would need to buy a 14.5 and cut it down and re crown yourself.

Scopes and ammo, or Canada shooting supply, has good prices on barrels.

I just bought a 14" from scopes and ammo...they didn't offer a 14.5"

I was just planning on buying a 14 and having it cut and re-crowned...but, I can't find a local gunsmith

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk


Its advertised as 14" but its 14.5 something.

Cut and crown it yourself. Honestly its not that hard. You cut it to the length you want with a hacksaw, then tape up the barrel and put it in a drill chuck ( chamber size ), use a file or sandpaper on the bench or in a vise to square and clean it up. ( while spinning in the drill )

Use a drill and a round head screw and valve lapping compound to do the crown, or a round head dremel bit. Then use fine emery cloth to clean up the tooling marks.

Volla.

Sounds simple enough....and I guess if I mess it up I could just cut it down a bit more and try again...

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where can I get a 12
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:06 pm
Posts: 111
Location: Ontario
For a nice straight barrel cut, get two worm clamps side by side, painters tape the barrel first for clamps, then use a fine saw blade to start cutting the barrel with the saw blade guided by the clamps. Once you almost get to bottom, take clamps off. This helps avoid the saw blade from slipping when you start the cut as well as not getting the barrel scuffed and scratched.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:50 am
Posts: 114
Location: Nova Scotia
niblixdark wrote:
For a nice straight barrel cut, get two worm clamps side by side, painters tape the barrel first for clamps, then use a fine saw blade to start cutting the barrel with the saw blade guided by the clamps. Once you almost get to bottom, take clamps off. This helps avoid the saw blade from slipping when you start the cut as well as not getting the barrel scuffed and scratched.

Thx

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO