Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Crosman 2240 to 2250 kit
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:08 pm 

Does this kit make your gun restricted with the 14" barrel ? It 's a carbine/rifle is it not? Or should one sub a 18" barrel to get the longer OAL? I want a gun I can carry and use with no BS.Of course the PAL is required.....Harold
'

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:33 pm 

Pioneer2 wrote:
Does this kit make your gun restricted with the 14" barrel ? It 's a carbine/rifle is it not? Or should one sub a 18" barrel to get the longer OAL? I want a gun I can carry and use with no BS.Of course the PAL is required.....Harold
'

I don't think, if they were they wouldn't bring them in. You cannot add any power hammers or larger TP or valve work. I think its just under with 14.3.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:31 pm 

I'm aware it will be in the 550-600fps range but is it not a rifle? Because the stock is removable it remains a pistol? They had a kit to permanently alter a 1911 .45 ACP to a carbine but it was a one time deal where once converted can not be changed back........I wonder who sits in their AC office and thinks these things up? Like I can buy a .50 BMG sniper but not a Beretta.25 ACP or .Walther PPK .32 ACP Harold

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:25 pm 

Pioneer2 wrote:
I'm aware it will be in the 550-600fps range but is it not a rifle? Because the stock is removable it remains a pistol? They had a kit to permanently alter a 1911 .45 ACP to a carbine but it was a one time deal where once converted can not be changed back........I wonder who sits in their AC office and thinks these things up? Like I can buy a .50 BMG sniper but not a Beretta.25 ACP or .Walther PPK .32 ACP Harold

It's because the maintube is a handgun And I can't say in how many years been with guns. a 1911 kit to convert it to a non restricted being it's still a 1911. Even ones with 16" barrels it was still restricted. A glock with a stock, is still a glock.

2260 the only rifle maintube. Then you still need to comply with non restricted. IE barrel length and pal. If I take the stock off mine and put the grip on. It does not meet the requirement.

I know because I built a 2260.

2240 and 2250 are handguns. And don't even with stock and barrel meet the requirement to be non restricted over 500 fps

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:29 am 

The laws are still stupid to say the least like the Rossi Ranchhand ,with or without a full length stock can be carried anywhere.A buddy has a .357 mag in a Armini revolver 19" carbine shoulder stock that he shoots deer with.................. perfectly legal.If the body tube is kept that says 2240 is it legal for a carbine or only under 500fps? Yet an antique revolver requires no PAL and can be carried.We can buy 870 clones with 8" barrels on a FL stock but are breaking the law if used on a pistol grip stock for bear protection.Turdo enthusiastically supports the banning of all guns for UN member countries and it's already in the works......I predict Home Depot will be selling a lot of plastic irrigation pipe in the next couple years.......Harold

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:13 am 

Pioneer2 wrote:
The laws are still stupid to say the least like the Rossi Ranchhand ,with or without a full length stock can be carried anywhere.A buddy has a .357 mag in a Armini revolver 19" carbine shoulder stock that he shoots deer with.................. perfectly legal.If the body tube is kept that says 2240 is it legal for a carbine or only under 500fps? Yet an antique revolver requires no PAL and can be carried.We can buy 870 clones with 8" barrels on a FL stock but are breaking the law if used on a pistol grip stock for bear protection.Turdo enthusiastically supports the banning of all guns for UN member countries and it's already in the works......I predict Home Depot will be selling a lot of plastic irrigation pipe in the next couple years.......Harold

Been here since 2007 and you don't know the Airguns rules or laws?

topic43029.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:02 am 

For the record ,I've forgotten more than you probably know about firearms[I don't have a paper route , rather1/2 a century worth of experience reloading ,shooting pistols,trapping ,hunting ,some guiding ,and presently a Provincial Certified Range Officer],it's the airguns where it gets grey.With FPS ,OAL manufactured barrels as opposed to Bubba with a hacksaw in his garage.The Crosman owner's manual I have says the 2250 is a rifle in black and white print.I just got off the phone with the CFO and being a typical bureaucrat ,their books says the 2250 is a pistol.The forend is for two handed use is it not?Go figure .A duck is a duck and they don't give a **********.Sounds like a bigger hassle than it's worth .Ill just shoulder stock my 495fps 2240 and scope it for close range grouse.Or use CB longs from a .22LR They make it tough to have fun legally....... Harold

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:29 am 

Pioneer2 wrote:
For the record ,I've forgotten more than you probably know about firearms[I don't have a paper route , rather1/2 a century worth of experience reloading ,shooting pistols,trapping ,hunting ,some guiding ,and presently a Provincial Certified Range Officer],it's the airguns where it gets grey.With FPS ,OAL manufactured barrels as opposed to Bubba with a hacksaw in his garage.The Crosman owner's manual I have says the 2250 is a rifle in black and white print.I just got off the phone with the CFO and being a typical bureaucrat ,their books says the 2250 is a pistol.The forend is for two handed use is it not?Go figure .A duck is a duck and they don't give a **********.Sounds like a bigger hassle than it's worth .Ill just shoulder stock my 495fps 2240 and scope it for close range grouse.Or use CB longs from a .22LR They make it tough to have fun legally....... Harold

Even if you took the stock off it doesn't meet the requirement of a rifle. What real difference between a 2240 with a 14" barrel and stock, and a 2250?

Crosman 2260 with 14.5" barrel ( rifle ) If I put a 24" barrel on I can install grips and shoot it like that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:50 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
Pioneer2 wrote:

Even if you took the stock off it doesn't meet the requirement of a rifle. What real difference between a 2240 with a 14" barrel and stock, and a 2250?

Crosman 2260 with 14.5" barrel ( rifle ) If I put a 24" barrel on I can install grips and shoot it like that.

I need to get me a 2260 tube

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk